Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Strange goings on. To replace Stackhouse and George, looks like (drumroll please) Vernon Maxwell and Keith Van Horn.

Not finalized yet, but supposedly being worked on.

·
Registered
124 Posts
It also means that there will be no second trade...no Wright for a pick.
Is Diop still in the deal with Harris? I sure hope so. L. Frank might actually give Diop minutes, now that Collins is gone. The Nets are being given no respect under the basket and Krstic isn't ready.

What about the possibility of linking the rumored trade for Mike Miller with the Kidd to Dallas trade. Memphis wants those two 1st round picks and we get rid of Magloire at same time. With Mike Miller, we could do without Boki, Wright and possibly Marcus?

Trying to do these trades sequencially might not work out as good.

·
Registered
10,502 Posts
I wish this trade things can go down after the all-star. We need to make a playoffs deep run, don't be haunted by the rumors.

I don't mind to see Devin Harris join the Nets though.

·
Premium Member
19,652 Posts
Diop sucks. i think every big man on the next exept maybe Allen (who would be traded anyway) is better then diop.
He doesn't suck because he is active, but he needs to bring more energy than he did on some nights this year. Offensively he will never be even solid, defensively he is though. He will block some shots, rebound just enough and do an ok job defending post players. However he will also make some mental mistakes and he can disappear when his energy is lacking.

·
Registered
3,774 Posts
He sucks because he is lazy, he needs to bring more energy than he did on some nights this year. Offensively he will never be even solid, defensively he is though. He will block some shots, rebound just enough and do an ok job defending post players. However he will also make some mental mistakes and he can disappear when his energy is lacking.
:clap:

·
Premium Member
19,652 Posts
I don't think he is lazy, he just isn't skilled enough to do more damage. Remember when we got him for nothing ? He was exceeding expectations because nobody thought he would even get minutes. The expectations now are higher because you expect players to improve, it just didn't happen. It's not like he is a different player than two years ago, it's different expectations that go along with achieving something, in his case a lot of people probably remember his defense on Duncan in OT of that Game 7 back in 2006.

·
Registered
543 Posts
without putting any labels on him like sucks or lazy, i dont think he is an upgrade over any of the 5 big man the nets have. so in a sense, he does suck.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Here are the stats on Diop:
http://www.nba.com/playerfile/desagana_diop/career_stats.html

Diop is reported to be the reason the Mavs are having hesitations about the trade because they don't want to give up their bench.

Diop has averaged 17 min/game and has started 18 games this year.
Per 40 minutes he is averaging 2.8 Blocks and 12.1 rebounds. For the prior 2 years he has averaged 3.46 blocks per 40 minutes and over 10 rebounds. His turnover and fouls per game is low. He looks like a monster and keeps opponents away from the basket. On offense, I'll take him over Collins any day. Hopefully Frank would play him, though I doubt LF will last long without Kidd on the team.
With Diop, Swat and Swift in at same time, opponents wouldn't go near the basket.

Does anyone have some Diop footage to show us?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts