Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After Kidd got "t"ed for standing over JYD, I was caught up in the game, but just remembered he did that to Frank Williams as well. Then came his post game comments.

Now I know it's hard playing for what many regard as the 2nd fiddle in town, but why is he so against moving to Brooklyn or why was he?

In Brooklyn, and in NY, this team would win over tons of fans.

Oh yeah, anyone think that stare down lead to JYD's hard foul on Carter a few minutes later?

-Petey

·
Registered
668 Posts
Petey said:
After Kidd got "t"ed for standing over JYD, I was caught up in the game, but just remembered he did that to Frank Williams as well. Then came his post game comments.

Now I know it's hard playing for what many regard as the 2nd fiddle in town, but why is he so against moving to Brooklyn or why was he?

Oh yeah, anyone think that stare down lead to JYD's hard foul on Carter a few minutes later?

-Petey
He was against moving to Long Island, not Brooklyn. He can handle Brooklyn.

His hatred of the Knicks continues to grow. Mebury makes stupid comments about how he is the best PG in basketball. Half of CAA (if not more) roots for the Knicks when they come to town. The Nets are clearly the best team in the area, but most of NY still only cares about their pathetic Knicks. And their fans are arrogant for no reason. The players are arrogant for no reason. The papers focus on the Knicks. The news focuses on the Knicks. It's annoying. And then there's the New Yorkers chanting wife beater at Kidd. In Boston it's one thing, but to hear people from the local area chanting that is tough. So if the Knicks and their fans are trying to get Kidd to hate them, it's working. I think Kidd's trying to knock some sense into these stupid Knick fans. I'm glad he called the Knicks bad. They don't hear it nearly enough as they should.

I didn't find JYD's foul to be particularly hard. Vince fell on his face, but I didn't find that to be caused by JYD's foul.

·
Registered
268 Posts
kiddisanet said:
I didn't find JYD's foul to be particularly hard. Vince fell on his face, but I didn't find that to be caused by JYD's foul.

You need glasses, the only reason carter landed on his face was JYD, the move he pulled on carter was straight out of vintage WWF :clown:

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
kiddisanet said:
He was against moving to Long Island, not Brooklyn. He can handle Brooklyn.

His hatred of the Knicks continues to grow. Mebury makes stupid comments about how he is the best PG in basketball. Half of CAA (if not more) roots for the Knicks when they come to town. The Nets are clearly the best team in the area, but most of NY still only cares about their pathetic Knicks. And their fans are arrogant for no reason. The players are arrogant for no reason. The papers focus on the Knicks. The news focuses on the Knicks. It's annoying. And then there's the New Yorkers chanting wife beater at Kidd. In Boston it's one thing, but to hear people from the local area chanting that is tough. So if the Knicks and their fans are trying to get Kidd to hate them, it's working. I think Kidd's trying to knock some sense into these stupid Knick fans. I'm glad he called the Knicks bad. They don't hear it nearly enough as they should.

Are you kidding? That foul was as dirty as it gets..If the foul was on Kidd you would feel the same way

·
Registered
954 Posts
After he recorded the 66th triple double of his career, his seventh this season — in the same game he took over ninth place on the all-time assist list — Kidd was asked if he gets up for the Knicks, the team connected to his personal voodoo doll.

"I did when I first got here, but it doesn't excite me anymore," insisted Kidd. "Why? They're just another bad team. That's why. I don't get excited for bad teams."

when i read the subject line, i thought you were going to post these comments. Is it possible to see the breakdown somewhere of all of jason kidd's triple doubles? it seems like he's had 3 or 4 against the knicks since he's been with the nets.

·
Let's Go Streaking!
6,994 Posts
Petey said:

-Petey
Well I like more the new jersey nets But changes are always Good, and I hope Kidd can accept that.

·
Let's Go Streaking!
6,994 Posts
kidd2rj said:
"I did when I first got here, but it doesn't excite me anymore," insisted Kidd. "Why? They're just another bad team. That's why. I don't get excited for bad teams."
ouch !!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts