Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"Going to Brooklyn has done wonders for me," he said. "I think going to Brooklyn will do wonders for this franchise."

Kidd is in the third year of a six-year contract, and with the arena projected to be finished in three or four years, it is possible that his knees will wear out first, and the fast breaks he leads will slow to a crawl. He may never make it to Brooklyn with the ball in his hands.

Maybe, he said, he'll shoot for a management position with the Brooklyn Nets instead.

http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/sport/archives/2005/11/19/2003280879

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
justasking? said:
and the fast breaks he leads will slow to a crawl.
One of the biggest standing misconceptions about the Nets: that we're still a fast break team.

Haven't been since 2003.

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Charlie Brown said:
I know it is just my opinion at this time, but I think the Nets are going to become extremely popular when they move to Brooklyn.
popular yes. extremely im not sure. that gives me the impression that we would be a top 3 franchise popularity wise, maybe eventually if we keep winning now and win in brooklyn. i think the move to brooklyn is the best thing for this franchise, unless if we could have gotten a new arena that has pub trans right to it (no i dont think newark is the right area).

·
Banned
22,939 Posts
Things have gone a long way since the move was frist talked about. If I remember correctly, wasn't kidd somewhat upset and saying things like "I signed up to play in NJ, not there, blah blah blah"?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts