Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
flashback

2002- Game 4 of Western Confrence Finals. The Kings lose a heartbreaker to the Lakers to tie the series up 2-2..with a Robetr Hory 3 pointer at the buzzer to win by ONE point. The only time in the game since the first two minutes the Lakers were winning.

Everyone forgets that Samaki Walker hit a 3 pointer at the halftime buzzer...that was after the clock expired (but due to no replay at the time) the shot counted. Of course we dont know for sure...but I think you would have to make the bet that the Kings woulda won that game, the series, and the championship had the replay rule been in tact that there. Not to mention Peja (in an all star year), missed most of that series with the Lakers. And Laker fans can only remember the great Rick Fox missing games last year in the playoffs, and point there fingers at minor/average players being injured to blame for the lack of a 4-peat.


2003- The kings make it to the game 7 of the confrence finals without Chris Webber...and lose a relativley close game. If Webber had been healthy in the playoffs...the Kings would have won the championship easily

Kings should be back to back champions now, but due to circumstances out of their control...they got screwed.

Lastly

In the past 5 years....EVERY one of them...comine any 1, 2, 3,4 or 5 of them...the Lakers have a sub 500 record without Shaq. And its really sad for them to be it this year too.

In the past two years, the Kings have been first place in the league after a third of the season...without Chris Webber playing a single game. And there is no doubt when healthy Webber plays like a hall of famer.

Alot of fats slip easily through peoples mind...such as these :(. The Kings, if every team is comlpetley healthy, are the best team in the league hands down.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,930 Posts
The best team in the league is between the Spurs, Kings and Pacers right now.

I'm sure the Kings love the amount of attention (or lack thereof) that they are receiving.
 

·
Beware of Elbows
Joined
·
18,500 Posts
I'm sorry, but you can't deny that with GP, Kobe, Malone and Shaq...the Lakers are easily the best team in the league.

They are 16-5 when GP, Kobe, Malone and Shaq are healthy, 20-7 when Shaq is playing, and 19-5 when Malone is playing. Later this month, Rick Fox will return from his injury to give the team some more depth.

Just because the Lakers lost 4 in a row without Malone and Shaq, many people seem to think that the Lakers are done this season and signing Malone and Payton was a waste of time. Well, there are still 51 games to go, and the Lakers will be tearing it up in a week or so (when Malone and Shaq get back), especially after the All-Star Break.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
8,423 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Damian Necronamous</b>!
Well, there are still 51 games to go, and the Lakers will be tearing it up in a week or so (when Malone and Shaq get back), especially after the All-Star Break.
I expect the Kings to do the same when King Webber gets back, Damian my friend. ;)
 

·
Beware of Elbows
Joined
·
18,500 Posts
I doubt it, Webber has been injured at the beginning of the season a few other times with the Kings, I believe. Every season the Kings have come out hot, but when he gets back, they either don't seem to play quite as well or they stay at the same level.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
493 Posts
Samaki Walker's 3 was after the buzzer ( replay clearly showed ), but that's nothing to the amount of nonsense calls that went in LA's favor every other game. That was the real story there.

Webber will screw up the whole team. They can only be better with him if he understands that Peja is the #1 go to guy and Webber sticks to playing under the basket and better defense.

Webber and Adelman are not smart enough to figure that out ( I hope I'm wrong ) and Webber will go back to shooting and missing a bunch of 15 footers, everybody else's numbers will go down and in general it will unfortunatelly be a hopeless mess.

2 years ago they could afford Webber's crap, but Divac is too old now to fight Shaq the way he did and have 25 point 12 board games and Webber himself won't be as good as he was 2 years ago either.

And I will deny that Lakers are the best team even with everybody healthy.

Payton and Malone are way too old. Malone hasn't been in his prime since '95. The fact that he's still playing well speaks more of how bad everybody else is than how good he is. The truth is that the league should be embarassed at the low level of talent coming into the league this past decade when 40 year olds can still play and out play guys half their age.

Sacramento and San Antonio are the best two teams

When Wally comes back Minesotta should be right behind them.
Indiana is crap, no matter what their record says and LA will win it anyway because you can't beat the refs.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
340 Posts
Originally posted by <b>therealdeal</b>!
Samaki Walker's 3 was after the buzzer ( replay clearly showed ), but that's nothing to the amount of nonsense calls that went in LA's favor every other game. That was the real story there.
My personal favorite was Kobe elbowing Bibby in the mouth, and Bibby being called for the defensive foul. And then the Kings had to use a timeout to clean up the blood in his mouth, instead of the recievint the official's timeout that should have been granted. That was some gooooooood officiating... :rolleyes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
115 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Damian Necronamous</b>!
I'm sorry, but you can't deny that with GP, Kobe, Malone and Shaq...the Lakers are easily the best team in the league.

They are 16-5 when GP, Kobe, Malone and Shaq are healthy, 20-7 when Shaq is playing, and 19-5 when Malone is playing. Later this month, Rick Fox will return from his injury to give the team some more depth.

Just because the Lakers lost 4 in a row without Malone and Shaq, many people seem to think that the Lakers are done this season and signing Malone and Payton was a waste of time. Well, there are still 51 games to go, and the Lakers will be tearing it up in a week or so (when Malone and Shaq get back), especially after the All-Star Break.
Lakers BETTER when the fat man and the thug are there??

Have you been watching their games the entire season???

They had been winning but they had been squeaking out wins, even at HOME, against mediocre teams. Give me a break

Even before those 2 fools went out many many were better starting to realize that the Lakers have been overrated.

If they can catch the Kings, Wolves and ewwwww the :sleep: Spurs, then I'll rethink MY opinion
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The Lakers arent playing that much better then they did last year, 4 losses or not. I mean whose to say Shaq wont get a more serious injury, or malone, or kobe

Indiana is my team...but the kings are the best in the league IMO

Brad Miller is really helping out the Kings too...and either Divac or Miller will come off the bench when Webber gets back...and thats gonna be some collasal team when u have Brad Miller and Bobby Jackson BOTH coming off the bench
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,840 Posts
I'm sorry, but you can't deny that with GP, Kobe, Malone and Shaq...the Lakers are easily the best team in the league.
Oh, you can definitly deny that my friend.

And as far as them easily being the best team in the league, that is some major BS.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
115 Posts
Originally posted by <b>IosimCash</b>!
The Lakers arent playing that much better then they did last year, 4 losses or not. I mean whose to say Shaq wont get a more serious injury, or malone, or kobe

Indiana is my team...but the kings are the best in the league IMO

Brad Miller is really helping out the Kings too...and either Divac or Miller will come off the bench when Webber gets back...and thats gonna be some collasal team when u have Brad Miller and Bobby Jackson BOTH coming off the bench
I agree on Indiana.

I think the WCF is going to the Kings and the Wolves.

Spurs are too :sleep: and just don't worry me in the least, forget about the Lakers and the Mavs

Kings/Wolves vs Indiana

To me Indiana is the most impressive team right now followed by the Wolves
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,047 Posts
I don't see your beef. Did you see the Wolves-Kings game? One of the most talked about of the season? Walton was GUSHING all over the Kings. He echoed sentiments about how they're such a good passing team, shooting team, etc. and overall acted like they were undefeated and up by 30.

And why shouldn't the Lakers and Cavs overshadow all? They were 18-3, undefeated at home, etc., basically Goliath. The Kings were good, with a lot of home wins, but they still looked like they couldn't catch the Lakers. Then the skid, which you should LOVE and maybe even love how they cover it. It's a pretty big story. Most teams would love EITHER GP or Kobe even at his state, but they start losing, they slip out of the #1 West record, non-star players are exposed, and they basically play lax, not that they didn't a little when they were so loaded and winning.

There's no conspiracy. When you won the Pacific in 01-02, all the announcers and everyone let everybody know they had a better record than the Lakers, don't assume the Lakers will win, etc.
 

·
Elite Member
Joined
·
15,161 Posts
Originally posted by <b>KokoTheMonkey</b>!


Oh, you can definitly deny that my friend.

And as far as them easily being the best team in the league, that is some major BS.
Yeah, we all know the Spurs are the best, especially with that impressive 0-3 record against the Lakers this season.

Fear the cure for insomnia!
 

·
That'll do Pigley...
Joined
·
51,262 Posts
:verysad: :nah: :boohoo: Man some of you guys will cry over anything.

If the Kings were the best team they would have the titles to prove it. I have actually been out there saying the Kings are a very good team and deserve to be noticed, but you have to realize the huge discrepancy there is when it comes to home games. When they go on a few road trips and dominate those I will be more than willing to say they are the best team in the NBA.

Until then take your bellyaching to someone who cares. :laugh:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
115 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Hong Kong Fooey</b>!
:verysad: :nah: :boohoo: Man some of you guys will cry over anything.

If the Kings were the best team they would have the titles to prove it. I have actually been out there saying the Kings are a very good team and deserve to be noticed, but you have to realize the huge discrepancy there is when it comes to home games. When they go on a few road trips and dominate those I will be more than willing to say they are the best team in the NBA.

Until then take your bellyaching to someone who cares. :laugh:
Who's bellyaching. What did I miss??

I was watching the Spurs game and fell asleep :grinning:

And excuse me but the Kings are .500 on the road (unlike most teams)

I just LOVE these fans of other teams.. "I'm a fan of your team too but......." what a bunch of horse $hit.
You're trying to sound like you actually pay attention and that because you supposedly like our team then we will all listen to you because you are so unbiased.

Go extend your "loyalty" to some other team.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,333 Posts
how many times have the kings played the mavs, lakers and the spurs this season??? they are not the best until they beat those teams a couple of times.
 

·
Nobody
Joined
·
6,373 Posts
The Kings are a very good team, but they have never proven themselves to be the best team, or to be better than the Spurs and the Lakers. Which I don't think they are.

I like the Kings a lot. They're the closest team to where I live in northern California. Offensively speaking, they play the greatest style of basketball I have ever seen. It's awesome. But being exciting and fun doesn't necessarily make them better than the Spurs or the Lakers, in the end. Making sarcastic remarks about the Spurs being boring is not an effective argument against their superiority.
 

·
That'll do Pigley...
Joined
·
51,262 Posts
Originally posted by <b>1652</b>!


Who's bellyaching. What did I miss??

I was watching the Spurs game and fell asleep :grinning:

And excuse me but the Kings are .500 on the road (unlike most teams)

I just LOVE these fans of other teams.. "I'm a fan of your team too but......." what a bunch of horse $hit.
You're trying to sound like you actually pay attention and that because you supposedly like our team then we will all listen to you because you are so unbiased.

Go extend your "loyalty" to some other team.
You can look up my posts if you so choose. I even started a thread about them a month ago saying they are underrated. I have even been out there defending Mike Bibby to a lot of posters. I have no need for your damn approval, who the hell are you anyway, some "superfan"? :kissmy:

As I said :boohoo:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
8,423 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Hong Kong Fooey</b>!
:boohoo: When they go on a few road trips and dominate those I will be more than willing to say they are the best team in the NBA.

Until then take your bellyaching to someone who cares. :laugh:
Come on man, you know that CWebb hasn't played a game right? or DO I have to remind you of that. Lakers are pretty bad on the road too. How come they're a better team. Everyone can say what they want but Kings are the most disrespected team in the NBA. Even the refs don't care about them. It's pretty sad. :cry:
 

·
Nobody
Joined
·
6,373 Posts
Everyone can say what they want but Kings are the most disrespected team in the NBA.
Are you serious? Maybe you mean something different by respect than I do, but I think the Spurs get far less respect than the Kings. The Kings have a national following and everyone loves their exciting play. People point to the Kings as an example of how offensive basketball should be played.

The Spurs, on the other hand, are constantly disparaged by everyone outside of Texas. Even members of the national media make jokes about how boring they think the Spurs are. The most credit that most people ever give the Spurs is "they play good defense." It's a popular opinion that the Spurs are harmful to the NBA.

Among the top teams in the NBA, the Spurs are by far the least respected nationally.
 
1 - 20 of 51 Posts
Top