Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
4,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are the Kings a solid rebounding team since the trade, everytime I check the box score seems to me like we do a pretty decent job. If anyone could find our rebounding numbers before and after the trade that would be great.

·
Registered
521 Posts
I think the Kings are a better rebounding team since the trade. I'm glad they are. Part of the reason is because of Skinner and Thomas. Thomas for some reason always seem to find a way to get position to get a rebound. :clap:

Coach Adelman said that the Kings became a above the rim rebounding team since the trade. :clap:

·
Premium Member
6,651 Posts
Like I mentioned in an earlier post, the forwards you got in the trade seem to really have a lunch-pale attitude. They don't mind going in and doing the dirty work--something the Kings have really missed. As tough as he wanted to be, C-Webb just didn't bring that attitude night in and night out. Don't know if he had enough in him lately to bring it that tough every night.

I like the way this team is gelling now. With Brad and Bobby coming back for the playoffs, I really hope the chemistry gets better and better. In ALL of the NBA playoffs, I think the Kings are a dark horse that truly has a chance to shock the world. Everyone's writing them off...might be everyone's mistake to do so.

·
Registered
993 Posts
42.7 rpg for the season would put us at 9th overall, and we are 13 otherall now. It's much more laborious to calculate, but the far superior stat is rebound differential. You can tell by the fact that we are 13th now, even with all those games before the trade where the team couldn't get a defensive rebound to save their lives factored in. We play at a high pace, so there are more rebounds in the game. We are 27th in rebound differential for the season, at around -2.

OK, I've calculated it, we have a rebound differencial of -.6 since the trade, discluding the one game right afterwards with Dallas where we were undermanned because Thomas, Skinner, and Williamson were not with the team yet. I was surprised to find that we have really gotten crushed on the boards a few times since then, with games of -11 and -15, but we put up a +30 yesterday against the Lakers, so I think the flukey results cancel eachother out a bit. For the season, a differencial of -.6 would put us at 21st. Factor in that we have been missing our starting center for almost all these games, and Jackson, who was the second best rebounding point guard in the NBA last seaons per 48 (behind only Jason Kidd) and the adjustment the team has gone through and I think the Kings went from one of the, if not the, worst rebounding teams in basketball, to around average because of the trade.

It is still an area in which the team can look to improve during the offseason. They have been running much more since the trade, and the more turnovers we cause, and the more rebounds we get, the more potent our transition game will be. We still have a bit of trouble with defensive rebounding, but our small, quick lineups have been very impressive on the offensive glass.

·
Banned
8,423 Posts
bruindre said:
Like I mentioned in an earlier post, the forwards you got in the trade seem to really have a lunch-pale attitude. They don't mind going in and doing the dirty work--something the Kings have really missed. As tough as he wanted to be, C-Webb just didn't bring that attitude night in and night out. Don't know if he had enough in him lately to bring it that tough every night.

I like the way this team is gelling now. With Brad and Bobby coming back for the playoffs, I really hope the chemistry gets better and better. In ALL of the NBA playoffs, I think the Kings are a dark horse that truly has a chance to shock the world. Everyone's writing them off...might be everyone's mistake to do so.
Hopefully it is. :yes:

GO KINGS!!!

·
Registered
521 Posts
bruindre said:

Good post, bruindre!! :clap: I agree with you on CWebb.

·
Banned
8,423 Posts
maKINGSofgreatness said:
42.7 rpg for the season would put us at 9th overall, and we are 13 otherall now. It's much more laborious to calculate, but the far superior stat is rebound differential. You can tell by the fact that we are 13th now, even with all those games before the trade where the team couldn't get a defensive rebound to save their lives factored in. We play at a high pace, so there are more rebounds in the game. We are 27th in rebound differential for the season, at around -2.

OK, I've calculated it, we have a rebound differencial of -.6 since the trade, discluding the one game right afterwards with Dallas where we were undermanned because Thomas, Skinner, and Williamson were not with the team yet. I was surprised to find that we have really gotten crushed on the boards a few times since then, with games of -11 and -15, but we put up a +30 yesterday against the Lakers, so I think the flukey results cancel eachother out a bit. For the season, a differencial of -.6 would put us at 21st. Factor in that we have been missing our starting center for almost all these games, and Jackson, who was the second best rebounding point guard in the NBA last seaons per 48 (behind only Jason Kidd) and the adjustment the team has gone through and I think the Kings went from one of the, if not the, worst rebounding teams in basketball, to around average because of the trade.

It is still an area in which the team can look to improve during the offseason. They have been running much more since the trade, and the more turnovers we cause, and the more rebounds we get, the more potent our transition game will be. We still have a bit of trouble with defensive rebounding, but our small, quick lineups have been very impressive on the offensive glass.
Maybe through a trade or FA signing. :whoknows:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts