Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
As a Laker fan, I would have to say the Kings are the team to beat. They have so much depth that it doesn't matter a lot of they are in foul trouble. The addition of Clark only means more boards, which is always a good thing.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I would never pick another team till the current champs were detrhone. The first year that the Lakers won the championship the Blazers were the team to beat. The second year they won the championship the Spurs were the team to beat because they had a healthy Robinson. This last championship the Kings had the best regular season record so they were picked by many to win.

On paper the Kings do look better than the Lakers, but they looked better on paper last season too. You don't give some one the trophy because they look better on paper. The games still have to be played and it is a long season.

I am not saying that the Lakers are going to win it again, but you can't count them out because a new player was added to another team.

·
Home where I wanted to go
9,855 Posts
I remember all those people who thought Portland would win the title two years ago because they added Dale Davis. My first thought was how the hell are they going to play all those guys and still keep them happy. The one thing working in Sac's favor is that the players seem to get along well. Portland was just a disaster waiting to happen.

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
The defending champs are always the team to beat. Whether or not they're the best team on paper,having done before (3 times) is a huge mental advantage and counts for alot. However, I still feel that the Kings are ready to finally win. We'll just have to wait to see if I'm right.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Thats not what I'm saying.."The Team to Beat" in my mind means that they are favored to win. I would say that most people, most sports writers expect the Kings to win next year. Thats why I say that they are the team to beat. I'm not saying that the Kings will win at all.

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
i know what you mean, but i still think alot of sportswriters will still be banking on the Lakers veteran experience and poise to deliver them to victory.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
THE WILD....WILD.....WEST!!!

The Team to beat is still the Lakers, they are the reigning 3-peat champs, until proven otherwise. The kings picked-up Clark and kept Bibby happy, you add experience to that mix, what you have is a very hungry and determined team on the heels of the champs. It's gonna be another battle, no doubt about it. Like I mentioned before, some say the Lakers were'nt active in the off-season?? but they kept their core players, some say, Shaq is getting old and considered a prone to injury?? As long as he can walk, he can play. The media & sports writers have their own thoughts and opinions, just like all of us. How would the NBA off-season be like without a few hypes and drama........Right?? Let the talks begin and let us read into the papers, but one important thing to remember for now........the road goes through LA and the Kings have plans on driving through it. It's gonna be very intresting :yes: :eek: :yes: :eek:

·
Registered
322 Posts
Lakers= team to beat in 2003. :yes:

·
A!
9,434 Posts
Originally posted by <b>harper time</b>!
Lakers= team to beat in 2003. :yes:
They are the team to beat and the Kings will be doing the beating....

·
Registered
22 Posts
KC, I don't know if your hope will ever come true. The only thing I know is the lakers is the three times champs and the fourth one is coming, in your face. See you in your dream.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Originally posted by <b>ken pham</b>!
KC, I don't know if your hope will ever come true. The only thing I know is the lakers is the three times champs and the fourth one is coming, in your face. See you in your dream.
"See you in your dream."? Huh...? What the hell does that even mean?

·
BBB.net Archivist
26,901 Posts
"See you in your dream."? Huh...? What the hell does that even mean?
That actually sounds like a pickup line I used in my early macking days.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Originally posted by <b>Jemel Irief</b>!

That actually sounds like a pickup line I used in my early macking days.
I ...think... what he was trying to do was say either "see you around" or "in your dreams" but he kinda messed up. :laugh:

·
A!
9,434 Posts
Originally posted by <b>ken pham</b>!

·
Registered
10,030 Posts
lakers

Originally posted by <b>hOnDo</b>!
As a Laker fan, I would have to say the Kings are the team to beat. They have so much depth that it doesn't matter a lot of they are in foul trouble. The addition of Clark only means more boards, which is always a good thing.
Don't kid yourself. The defending champs are still the team to beat.

"2 deep is better than too deep":D

·
Registered
10,030 Posts
Originally posted by <b>hOnDo</b>!
Thats not what I'm saying.."The Team to Beat" in my mind means that they are favored to win. I would say that most people, most sports writers expect the Kings to win next year. Thats why I say that they are the team to beat. I'm not saying that the Kings will win at all.
The Lakers are the team favored to win; they just won three in a row without losing their bread(SHAQ) & butter(KOBE).

·
Registered
6 Posts
plain and simple...until the champs are dethroned...they are going to continue to be the team to beat...sac talks all the *edit* they want< they can talk the talk..but they cant walk the walk and until they beat la in the western confernece finals next year they aren't the team to beat.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts