Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Incognasho
4,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, way to go AK. I'm glad he got some recognition.. I think Brand and Z-Bo fans may not feel the same, but Kirilenko deserved it. After seeing this team for those 5 games with AK out, there's no question he is the single biggest part of the reason Utah is respectable right now.

Congrats, Andrei.

·
Registered
9,855 Posts
Congrats Andrei :clap:

I think he deserved it too. His points and rebounds are below Randolph and Brand, but he makes up for it on defense with the blocks and steals. He's also the #1 reason the Jazz are in the playoff race.

:)

·
Premium Member
100,045 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Scinos</b>!
Congrats Andrei :clap:

I think he deserved it too. His points and rebounds are below Randolph and Brand, but he makes up for it on defense with the blocks and steals. He's also the #1 reason the Jazz are in the playoff race.

:)
I completely agree, he deserved it, no doubt in my mind. His defense is light years ahead of Randolph, and Zach's team is underachieving whereas the Jazz are exceeded what everyone thought they would do with Matt Harpring, and they're hanging around the .500 mark in the West without Harpring. A large reason is AK47, glad he got the recognition he deserves.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I'm definately purchasing a Kirilenko All-Star jersey. He has the best name/ number ever. He is my second favorite player behind the big guy 'Donal Foyle

·
Registered
600 Posts
i agree to he deserves to be in the allstar game.

·
Registered
14,070 Posts
defintly deserves it...glad one of my favorite player made it:yes:

·
Registered
4,584 Posts
Andrei an All-Star

By Phil Miller

The Salt Lake Tribune

It was a joke, but a message, too. In his own dry-wit way, Jerry Sloan reminded Andrei Kirilenko why Western Conference coaches had selected the Jazz forward to the NBA All-Star Game.
"Congratulations, Andrei," Sloan said Tuesday morning when news of Kirilenko's appointment spread. "Now you don't have to play defense any more."
That might be the case on Feb. 15, when Kirilenko takes part in the notoriously free-wheeling dunkfest that the All-Star Game has become. But don't expect the Russian to abandon his defensive dedication when he gets back from Los Angeles -- because he understands that defense is what got him to his sport's highest level.
"I know why they choose me. I'm a team player, I like to block shots, steal the ball," Kirilenko said. "Play defense to help the team win."
That's the focus that convinced coaches to select the third-year Jazz forward ahead of a roster of other deserving candidates. Along with Kirilenko, the 14 coaches cast their votes for guards Sam Cassell of Minnesota and Ray Allen of Seattle; forwards Peja Stojakovic and Brad Miller of Sacramento and Dirk Nowitzki of Dallas; and center Shaquille O'Neal of Los Angeles. (The starters, elected by fans, are the Lakers' Kobe Bryant, the Rockets' Steve Francis and Yao Ming, the Timberwolves' Kevin Garnett and the Spurs' Tim Duncan.)
"I don't think I'm going to play a lot," Kirilenko said with evident awe. "There's a lot of big stars there. I'm a little star."
[Link]

Very cool article about AK selection.

·
Incognasho
4,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
"There's a lot of big stars there. I'm a little star."

Heh, if anyone has ever heard AK talk in an interview or anything, that line completely embodies his entire attitude.. He's one of the few guys who can say stuff like "it was a team effort", and really make you believe he meant it..

I hope he gets 15-20~ mins.

·
Registered
7,724 Posts
He certainly deserves to be there with his play this season.

By the way, the article was nice. Kirilenko seems like a pretty humble and down-to-earth guy judging from the things he said in that article.

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
He does what no one else in the league does consistently right now, he fills out the ENTIRE stat sheet, night in and night out. He scores and he gets rebounds but he also dishes, steels and blocks like a machine. He definately deserved the nod....CONGRATS ANDREI!!!:grinning:

·
Registered
7,724 Posts
Originally posted by <b>whiterhino</b>!
He does what no one else in the league does consistently right now, he fills out the ENTIRE stat sheet, night in and night out. He scores and he gets rebounds but he also dishes, steels and blocks like a machine.
Damn right. A true all-around and do-it-all player.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts