Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i m a bulls fan and we are going no where, so i propose this trade, kirk+chandler+erob for franics? would you guys do the deal? kirk gives houston a pass fisrt hard nosed PG whos JYD's type. and chandler +yao(oh man, scary front line?). chandler is going to block all the shots/ colelct all the rebs and protect yao ming too. so would u guys do the deal?

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
In a heartbeat even considering Chandler's back injury.

Not that I've anything against Francis but this trade brought two quality skill players that Houston needs. Kirk is a pretty good defender at PG and quite foundamentally sound. Chandler is like Kelvin Cato version 5.0. He is much more faster and agile and has the ability to cover almost any bigs in the league.

The worst thing that could happened in this trade is if Chandler turn into another Marcus Camby, but they still will have Hinrich.

·
Tru Warier
13,699 Posts
I'd do this trade in an instant, but I know Houston won't
Gumby wouldn't want a rookie to run the point right now, and there's no way they'd trade an (undeserving) all-star for 3 bench players.

·
Registered
7,724 Posts
This trade is good for the Rockets IMO. Kirk is a pass-first PG and would be good for the team as he would not ball hog and would rather pass the ball down low for Yao to dominate. He will also be able to learn from another great pass-first PG, Mark Jackson, and it'll definitely help his development in the L.

Chandler will be able to provide lots of interior D for Houston and will no doubt be of much help in the West. Yao can focus on offense and Chandler will be the main focus on D (down low) and that's a pretty good combination IMO.

And about E-Rob, he's decent and is capable of contributing on the offensive floor at times.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts