Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
who would you take now ? in the future? .... scoring of b davis or defense and hustle of hinrich??

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
I would easily take Barons offense and probably even his defense. Hinrich's defense is often overrated as Baron's defense is underrated. I could go either way defensively although picking the player, the clear choice is Baron.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Baron Davis for now. I still don't think we've seen the best of Hinrich. If he could raise his shooting percentages, this comparison would be a little more even.

·
Banned
4,660 Posts
Baron is the infinitely more valuable player.

·
Premium Member
18,840 Posts
The only reason not to go Davis would be health otherwise he is clearly a better player. Hinrich can barely get the nod to start at PG for his own team

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
LuckyAC said:
Actually the argument is skill of B. Davis vs. health of Hinrich, but I'd go with Davis.
Pretty much. Do you want Davis for 60 games or Hinrich for 77?

I just flat don't care for Davis and never have, so I'd take Hinrich. But odds are, I'm at best one of the few, at worst the only one.

·
Registered
8,045 Posts
BenGordon said:
Hinrich's defense is often overrated
This is an uninformed comment.

Hinrich, at 6'3" and 190 pounds, guards the opposing team's best guard (and SF's from time to time) every game. This is usually the opposing SG. The result? The Bulls are one of the top three teams in the NBA in terms of opponsing SG production. This is with Eric Piatkowski and Ben Gordon, two subpar defenders, in the regular rotation.

Moreover, pretty much every analyst, scout and coach considers Hinrich's defense to be underrated. Many consider him one of the premier perimeter defenders in the East.

·
BAIT
12,946 Posts
Pioneer10 said:
Hinrich can barely get the nod to start at PG for his own team
I'm not the biggest Hinrich fan, but I feel this statement is more of a testament to Chris Duhon than a knock on Hinrich.

And yes, I'll go with B-Diddy.

·
Registered
8,045 Posts
H.O.V.A. said:
Baron Davis for now. I still don't think we've seen the best of Hinrich. If he could raise his shooting percentages, this comparison would be a little more even.
What?

Hinrich is shooting 48% from the field and 56% from three so far this season now that Bulls roles are more clearly defined. Davis is shooting 36% from the field and 29% from three.

Davis' career shooting averages are 41% FG and 33% 3PT, and have steadily declined over the past half decade. Hinrich's averages are 40% and 38% and steadily rising.

Hinrich is the more efficient scorer. He has a higher PER, much higher PSA, much higher regular FG%, much higher eFG%...

·
Registered
8,045 Posts
Pioneer10 said:
The only reason not to go Davis would be health otherwise he is clearly a better player. Hinrich can barely get the nod to start at PG for his own team
Nonsense.

The reason Hinrich starts at SG is because Duhon is a better starting PG than Gordon is a starting SG. Duhon belongs in the starting lineup. Gordon doesn't. Hinrich can play either position -- it's in the Bulls' best interest to start him alongside Duhon, who can only play PG and PG only.

·
Registered
8,045 Posts
Bulls vs. Warriors, 11/9/2005

Davis: 17 pts. (6-16 FG), 2 reb, 5 ast, 31 min.

Hinrich: 23 pts. (8-12 FG), 5 reb, 6 ast, 37 min.

Bulls won.

·
Premium Member
18,840 Posts
What the hell are you talking about VV; Baron Davis AVERAGE PER is 17.8

Kirk has never had one season where he was better then Davis's average. In fact Kirk's PER is right below 15 for his career (below average)

The only reason anyone can make a legitimate argument for Hinrich is Davis' health history not performance

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
U Puttin Kirk With BDiddy?
Are U Nuts, ****?

loool

·
Registered
8,045 Posts
Pioneer10 said:
What the hell are you talking about VV; Baron Davis AVERAGE PER is 17.8
At the current time, Hinrich's PER is 21.1. Davis' is 19.7. Hinrich shows a trend of improved efficiency when scoring. Davis shows the opposite.

Kirk has never had one season where he was better then Davis's average.
Hinrich's still just in his third season. That said, in KH's third season he's currently besting Davis' average by 3.4 points.

The only reason anyone can make a legitimate argument for Hinrich is Davis' health history not performance
I don't necessarily disagree with this statement.

·
Registered
14,070 Posts
Baron Davis is a much better player, but the guy just cant stay healthy thse last 3 seasons.

·
Curse of the Sonics
20,794 Posts
VV, you're going to have to let Hinrich prove himself more. People are obviously still basing their arguments mostly off of games they saw back in his rookie year. People are saying he can barely start, yet he started 77 of 77 games he played last year, all 5 this year, and 66 of 76 his rookie year when he came off the bench his first 10 games. People are saying his defense is overrated, even though the Bulls defense on shooting guards has been boosted into the top 5 among all teams in the league since he moved over. Saying his defense is overrated is cliche.

People are late on these arguments. Honestly, all things considered, I'd take Hinrich. Health and being in shape, and just overall motivation not being considered, I'd take Baron Davis.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts