Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
..."No matter what."

Hinrich update

Guard Kirk Hinrich missed his fifth straight game with a strained left hamstring.

"I'm playing [Thursday]," Hinrich said. "No matter what."

Jannero Pargo filled Hinrich's absence with a season-high 16 points.

"He has been great since Kirk went down," coach Scott Skiles said. "He does a nice job of running the team and the lid came off for him and he knocked down shots."

Said Pargo: "Guys step up when other guys aren't able to go. I haven't played a lot this season, but I just try to maintain the flow and not hurt the team. My shot felt real good."
Full Article

Geez. I really hope we don't lay an egg on national TV tomorrow. I have a bad feeling for some reason.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Frankensteiner said:
Geez. I really hope we don't lay an egg on national TV tomorrow. I have a bad feeling for some reason.
The national TV that really matters isn't for another month.

And in any case, this is the Cavs on the road, where they're 1-10 in Feb/Mar, with the win being an OT victory over the Hornets.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Frankensteiner said:
..."No matter what."

Full Article

The Bulls play Cleveland at 7 p.m. Thursday at the United Center.

"That's a team right behind us that we need to be able to beat," Skiles said. "We have to muster it up somehow and find a way to win, maybe without a couple of our key guys again. It's going to be uphill."
I guess he means Curry and Hinrich...so Kirk may have to get thru team officials first.

and whats with Curry having a monster game one day, and being out the next game with the flu? How many freaking times a year can you get the flu? I expect Eddy to be out there. WTF this is a big freaking game!!! :curse:

·
Registered
3,880 Posts
Will Eddy also play?

I hope we got both Kirk and Eddy for tomorrow. The Cavs are a playoff team, and I like to see our team does against them at full strength. Hopefully it's a playoff atmosphere, since Cleveland is about a game behind us in the standings.

·
Curse of the Sonics
20,794 Posts
sp00k said:
Imagine how nuts this board will get if Kirk plays and we lose against the slumping Cavs. :laugh:
That's what I'm afraid of, it seems like the timing is setting things up to be that way.

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
sp00k said:
Imagine how nuts this board will get if Kirk plays and we lose against the slumping Cavs. :laugh:
If they knew he'd play against Cleveland, then you know he could have gone against expansion Charlotte. The beauty is, in real life they want the guy back period. Only on the board do we play all the meaningless angles.

If Kirk and Eddy play and Deng is more effective, I'd say we're in for a real treat tonight. I see us abusing Cleveland, big time. The Celtic game was a statement game and I'd like to see a statement here too. One that says we're capable of hammering a fellow playoff team as we near the playoffs. Of course, since its national tv, 'Bron will probably go to the line 40 times against us, but I still say Cleveland will get pounded.

BTW, Cleveland will be coming to town with their first back-to-back wins in four months. Is their slump over? :reporter:

·
Registered
30,287 Posts
No Eddy tonight, but he'll be back for our game against the Bobcats on Saturday. Eddy is just staying down in Charlotte for the game so he doesn't have to risk anything with the flights and all.

The Bulls are going to lose tonight, its just fitting. Kirk plays we lose, Eddy sits out and we lose.

But I hope we win none the less, then pound the Bobcats.

Although I did predict we would get win #40 against the Bobcats on Saturday, so a loss tonight would be just fullfilling my prophecy.

·
Lux Tax Avoider
5,988 Posts
Mr. T said:
BTW, Cleveland will be coming to town with their first back-to-back wins in four months. Is their slump over? :reporter:
Is that true? Four MONTHS?

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
ScottMay said:
Is that true? Four MONTHS?
Sorry, I got it from the stories headline/lead-in on the main page last night. It said Cavs win 2 in a row for first time in four months. Reading the article though states its the first time they've won a back-to-back in four months.

Cleveland had lost five of six before rallying for a one-point overtime win Monday in New Orleans. The win Tuesday gave the Cavaliers victories on consecutive nights for the first time since Nov. 26-27 and revitalized their quest for home-court advantage in the playoffs.
http://www.cleveland.com/sportsflash/cavs/index.ssf?/base/sports-4/1112150017273400.xml&storylist=cavs

1 - 10 of 10 Posts