Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Administrator 12/02--7/07
36,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.dailyherald.com/sports/bulls.asp

WASHINGTON — Kirk Hinrich had X-rays taken of his right elbow following Sunday’s 113-104 loss, but in typical fashion the third-year guard downplayed the injury.

“X-rays were negative,” he said. “I just talked to the doctor. He said I probably have a sprained ligament or something. It’s not a big deal at all.

“It’s been bothering me just a little bit for the past week or so. It’s kind of getting a little bit more nagging and a little bit worse. I’m not worried about it.”

Hinrich shoots with his right arm, but the sore elbow wasn’t evident on the stat sheet. He knocked down 7 of 9 shots but played just 24 minutes because of foul trouble.

Midway through the second quarter, Hinrich was doubled over in pain for a few seconds but quickly recovered without taking a timeout.

“I got kneed in the stomach,” he said. “I got the wind knocked out of me for a second.”
Center gets attention: Backup center Luke Schenscher grabbed 8 rebounds Sunday, tying Luol Deng for team honors. The 7-foot-1 Australian, playing on his second 10-day contract, saw 16 minutes of action against the Wizards.

“He was good again,” coach Scott Skiles said. “He’s got black and blue coming out of his sock, his ankle is so bad. There are an awful lot of guys in the league that would be out half a season with the ankle sprain that he has and he’s still playing hard.”

Schenscher sprained his right ankle early in the Milwaukee game Wednesday but said it looks worse than it feels. Since joining the Bulls on March 5, Schenscher has appeared in every game but one.

“Obviously, Coach Skiles is giving me an opportunity out there,” he said. “At halftime, he was just talking about giving energy and effort, and that’s what I feel like I can do. When I come in, I just try to be energetic and do what I can out there.”

·
Administrator
58,349 Posts
Luke is playing with a bad ankle? I didnt know that. This kid is gaining my respect more and more as the days pass!

He should be signed t/o the remaining 15 games and invited back for summer league and training camp. Give him a chance to make the club next year.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.