Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since it's Canada day weekend I figured it was a good time to make a Top 10 Greatest Canadian Wrestlers list. Here it goes:

10. Ivan Koloff

The man who ended Bruno Sammartino's legendary reign as champion.

9. Christian

There's a reason why they call him Captain Charisma and the Instant Classic.

8. Trish Stratus

Greatest WWE Diva of All-Time.

7. Owen Hart

The King of Harts was one of the greatest technical wrestlers of all-time. One of the greats who never won the big title but deserved to.

6. Stu Hart

His famous Hart Dungeon trained some of the greatest professional wrestlers to ever step foot in a ring. Also ran a very successful territory promotion in Stampede Wrestling.

5. Chris Benoit

May have lacked in charisma, but you could argue he was the greatest technical wrestler of all-time.

4. Rowdy Roddy Piper

Never a dull moment when Hot Rod is in the ring! Piper's Pit and his legendary feuds make him a lock on this list.

3. Edge

31 championships won by Edge in the WWE is an all-time record and his legendary work in the tag team division and as a singles heel make it impossible to not have him in the Top 3.

2. Chris Jericho

One of the greatest all around entertainers we have ever seen in the WWE. Long list of accomplishments and memorable feuds have him at #2.

1. Bret Hart

The best there is, the best there was, and the best that there ever will be!

Honorable Mentions
Pat Patterson
Abdullah the Butcher
Rick Martel
Lance Storm
Killer Kowalski
Gene Kiniski
Mad Dog Vachon
Bronko Nagurski

·
Premium Member
12,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
On April 17, 2009, changes to Canadian nationality law came into effect, which made all children born in the first generation abroad to Canadian-born parents automatically (and retroactively to date of birth) Canadian citizens. Since Johnson's father was born in Canada and Johnson was born in the first generation abroad, he automatically received Canadian citizenship.
Even with all that said I find it difficult to really consider him a Canadian because he definitely doesn't embrace his Canadian roots at all thats for sure. Bret Hart is a dual citizen but nobody would put him on a Top 10 American list.

·
I want Waffles.
19,935 Posts
The Rock is the greatest Canadian of all time!

DO YOU SMELL WHAT THE ROCK IS COOKING IN MAPLE SYRUP!?

I call for a boycott of your lists till you add The Rock!

·
Look at your favorite team, now back to mine, mine
8,475 Posts
The Rock is the greatest Canadian of all time!

DO YOU SMELL WHAT THE ROCK IS COOKING IN MAPLE SYRUP!?

I call for a boycott of your lists till you add The Rock!
How would you change up his favorite type of pie? Or change the way he says "candy ass"?

*Grabs a seat*

1 - 13 of 13 Posts