Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kmart on hoopshype.com said he loves dallas and would love to play in Dallas being a billion dollars over the cap do you think there is any chance we make a move for him before the deadline or try and work a sign and trade after the season?

·
Registered
564 Posts
KMart for Dirk????lol... if this wasnt a Dallas site i would say you are drunk but...what the hell are you talking about..Dirk is a top ten player and martin is lucky to be said in the same breath as the german bomber.... Martin is good but not that good... Dalla would get ripped off if they made that trade... and just because they are over the cap doesn;t ean anything.. Cuban will spend any amount of money for a chip

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Originally posted by <b>ElevatorMan</b>!
KMart for Dirk????lol... if this wasnt a Dallas site i would say you are drunk but...what the hell are you talking about..Dirk is a top ten player and martin is lucky to be said in the same breath as the german bomber.... Martin is good but not that good... Dalla would get ripped off if they made that trade... and just because they are over the cap doesn;t ean anything.. Cuban will spend any amount of money for a chip
I know, I was just dreaming... But Cuban can't go over the MLE to sign K-Mart this off-season, and if for some reason Kenyon did sign for the MLE with Dallas, the Nets would be very happy to match such a tiny contract. The only way Martin would go to Dallas is if the Nets agree to trade him there, so that's why some trade scenarios are being made. I really doubt the Nets trade K-Mart though, he is most likely going to stay a Net for another 7 years...

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Kenyon Martin is a thug with a bad attitude (anyone who would make fun of someone who has a problem they could die from isn't a very good human being.)
On the court he benefits from having the best PG in the game on his team. He also dissapears during game deciding playoff games.
Did it against Boston twice (they won teh series but during the deciding game he was out played) LA and San Antonio.

·
Registered
10,840 Posts
Yeah, sign him Mavs. Look at the bundle of SF/PF's they would have:

Kenyon Martin
Dirk Nowitzki
Antoine Walker
Danny Fortson
Eduardo Najera
Josh Howard
Antawn Jamison

Let's see, Howard, Jamison, Dirk, Walker, and Martin would have to all get minutes. There are 48 minutes a game for each position (SF and PF), and 5 players to divide that among. Let's say (even though this wouldn't happen) that each player was given the same amount of minutes:

96/5 = 19 minutes per game for each player

My point is that the Mavs can keep stacking up the PF's, but they will need a center to win a title. Bradley/Fortson just can't get the job done...

·
Registered
600 Posts
Originally posted by <b>PetroToZoran</b>!
K-Mart for Dirk. :yes:

lol that would never happen. I doubt any trade will go down.

·
Registered
346 Posts
why wouldn't kmart love dallas? He's from DALLAS MAYNE. Played his highschool ball at bryan adams high in the hood

·
Registered
10,839 Posts
Jamison for Martin

there we go :D

·
Registered
955 Posts
I would actually take that trade. It's better than for Rasheed one. Kmart fits into the mavs system because if he can fit into the NJ system, then he can fit in the mavs system.

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
NJ won't take Jamison, they would just let Martin walk then. They don't want to take on a max contract (which Martin wants) which Jamison is.

-Petey

·
Registered
10,839 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Petey</b>!
NJ won't take Jamison, they would just let Martin walk then. They don't want to take on a max contract (which Martin wants) which Jamison is.

-Petey
Hey now... this is our little fantasy world where that trade would work. Don't burst our bubble :D

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Originally posted by <b>stevemc</b>!

Hey now... this is our little fantasy world where that trade would work. Don't burst our bubble :D
Ok, sorry.

-Petey

·
Premium Member
9,371 Posts

For some reason I recall him busting a bubble about the Pistons too. Damn Petey and his realistic thinking.

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Originally posted by <b>KABI</b>!
For some reason I recall him busting a bubble about the Pistons too. Damn Petey and his realistic thinking.
Sorry.

-Petey

·
Registered
10,839 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Petey</b>!

Sorry.

-Petey
Its all good, but if we do get KMart I'll be the 1st to say "would you like some crow with that trade?"

:D

·
Banned
58,028 Posts

Its all good, but if we do get KMart I'll be the 1st to say "would you like some crow with that trade?"

:D
Sure. If you were to get KMart, it would be because he signed for the MLE, or he was traded there after signing a contract that was not for the max, and that would mean the Nets would not be taking back Jamison.

-Petey

·
Premium Member
19,992 Posts
Kenyon hasn't played real well against the west....so he would be a big risk for most teams making a big deal.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts