Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How about this trade?

New York trades: PG Frank Williams (4.3 ppg, 1.0 rpg, 2.2 apg in 12.9 minutes)
PF Mike Sweetney (1.6 ppg, 1.0 rpg, 0.1 apg in 5.1 minutes)
New York receives: PF Drew Gooden (11.8 ppg, 6.5 rpg, 1.2 apg in 28.3 minutes)
Change in team outlook: +5.9 ppg, +4.5 rpg, and -1.1 apg.

Orlando trades: PF Drew Gooden (11.8 ppg, 6.5 rpg, 1.2 apg in 28.3 minutes)
Orlando receives: PG Frank Williams (4.3 ppg, 1.0 rpg, 2.2 apg in 44 games)
PF Mike Sweetney (1.6 ppg, 1.0 rpg, 0.1 apg in 14 games)
Change in team outlook: -5.9 ppg, -4.5 rpg, and +1.1 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

I think this would make both team better. Since Im a Knicks fan maybe im over valuing Frank Williams who was our starter before Marbur came, but I tihnk he can do a good job for Orlando and he is only in his second season. Even though they trade Gooden they get sweetney in return who hasnt gotten a fair shake in NY do to the PF glut, obviously doesnt eqaul Gooden, but he could turn out to be very good(the verdict is still out on him).

Am I crazy to think this is a good trade, or does it make sense?

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
Gooden is too valueable..

He's in his 2nd year as well and he has showed a lot of potential w/ a few games @ 20 plus points and 10+ rebounds.. He just is messed up right now w/ howard playing..

·
Registered
18 Posts
I agree with you on this one even though I'm just now starting to like Frank Williams. I think this trade would be the best thing to happen to Drew Gooden because he will really benefit from playing with a PG like Marbury. He won't have to try so hard. I think Sweetney is the type of physical forward that Orlando needs badly. All of there big men look like small forwards. Good trade for both sides.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts