Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
8,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I watched the game on the Knicks network, and the announcers couldn't stop gushing about Travis Outlaw. Clyde Frazier marveled about how high Outlaw gets on his jumper. "He must have been 3 and half feet in the air!" Frazier cried on one Outlaw shot. He also said Outlaw was "abusing" the Knicks, throwing down "ferocious" dunks, and "having a career game." Both announcers seemed in awe of Telfair's passing, calling it "splendid," "dazzling," and "marvelous."

Personally, I am ecstatic about the Baby Blazers. This was my first chance to see Outlaw, Telfair, Khryapa, and Pryzbilla in extended action, and I thought they all looked very good. Przybilla is a monster on the boards, and he plays his heart out. Outlaw is a phenomenal talent, and is going to be a star in this league, I have no doubt about it.

I can't wait till next year!!

Reactions: SheedSoNasty

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
You know it seems like trashing on the young kids and the future of the Blazers organizationis the cool thing to do, but I for one can't. I think the future is very bright for the Blazers, specifically the young guys. I don't know how anyone can be down on these guys, but then again it's the cool thing to do.

·
Registered
9,819 Posts
Man I am so excited to see Bassy and Outlaw share the backcourt next year. I think both are ready. Even if we do take our lumps, it will be well worth it in the end. I think that from what we have seen from Outlaw in extended minutes, we shouldn't reach on a SG this year in the draft. Man I am just as pumped about Outlaw's defense as well. Dude is extremely active on defense.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Talkhard said:
I watched the game on the Knicks network, and the announcers couldn't stop gushing about Travis Outlaw. Clyde Frazier marveled about how high Outlaw gets on his jumper. "He must have been 3 and half feet in the air!" Frazier cried on one Outlaw shot. He also said Outlaw was "abusing" the Knicks, throwing down "ferocious" dunks, and "having a career game." Both announcers seemed in awe of Telfair's passing, calling it "splendid," "dazzling," and "marvelous."

Personally, I am ecstatic about the Baby Blazers. This was my first chance to see Outlaw, Telfair, Khryapa, and Pryzbilla in extended action, and I thought they all looked very good. Przybilla is a monster on the boards, and he plays his heart out. Outlaw is a phenomenal talent, and is going to be a star in this league, I have no doubt about it.

Right on.

·
Registered
9,819 Posts
Sambonius said:
You know it seems like trashing on the young kids and the future of the Blazers organizationis the cool thing to do, but I for one can't. I think the future is very bright for the Blazers, specifically the young guys. I don't know how anyone can be down on these guys, but then again it's the cool thing to do.
If bashing the Blazers is cool, consider me Miles Davis- A slight remake from Billy Madison.

·
Banned member
28,452 Posts
Sambonius said:

it's cool for those who just want to come in here and antagonize the rest of the board. They're generally those who aren't in here on a regular basis anyways, so why do we take them seriously? (I'm asking that not rhetorically)

·
Registered
936 Posts
Hap said:
it's cool for those who just want to come in here and antagonize the rest of the board. They're generally those who aren't in here on a regular basis anyways, so why do we take them seriously? (I'm asking that not rhetorically)
It's not only this board. I have to agree with Sambonius to a certain extent. At work, in the paper, around town, it is definitely "chic" to dis the Blazers these days. Kinda annoying. There ARE a lot of fair weather Blazer fans in Portland.

·
Registered
8,714 Posts
The Professional Fan said:
It's not only this board. I have to agree with Sambonius to a certain extent. At work, in the paper, around town, it is definitely "chic" to dis the Blazers these days. Kinda annoying. There ARE a lot of fair weather Blazer fans in Portland.
Well the cure for that is "Wins" and as soon as the Blazers start winning again your going to see fans come out of the wood work. Many will say that they never fell off the bandwagon, but we know who the true fans are.......they are the ones that have never left even when the team missed the playoffs or had their first losing season in a long time or just plain sucked it up. Yes, I am sure that there is going to be a flood of people down the road, but right now we just have eachother, so take note and mark my words.........the time is coming for the fair weather fans to start flocking back.....you just know it is! :yes:

·
Registered
9,819 Posts
No, I know what The Pro Fan is talking about. Portland gets bashed all the time. I visit some Duck boards and many of them can't stadn Portland. They still see them through "jail-vision" glasses. My co-workers still think of them that way. They just aren't real fans, who won't go through thick and thin.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
HOWIE said:
Well the cure for that is "Wins" and as soon as the Blazers start winning again your going to see fans come out of the wood work. Many will say that they never fell off the bandwagon, but we know who the true fans are.......they are the ones that have never left even when the team missed the playoffs or had their first losing season in a long time or just plain sucked it up. Yes, I am sure that there is going to be a flood of people down the road, but right now we just have eachother, so take note and mark my words.........the time is coming for the fair weather fans to start flocking back.....you just know it is! :yes:
Here's a dedication for the gloom and doomers!!

Cue the little girl with the curly red hair!

"The sun'll come out
Tomorrow
Bet your bottom dollar
That tomorrow
There'll be sun!"

·
Registered
94 Posts
Re: Knicks announcers rave about Outlaw,

Talkhard said:

....& everybody will know this & more next season when Travis Outlaw and Sebastion Telfair & copmany storm the league!

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Talkhard, that's great you got to see a Blazer game and got to see the young guys contribute with good minutes. I'm happy for you. My impression was that it was a pretty typical game for Telfair, Outlaw flashed a lot of his potential, Pryz showed what he's been showing the last couple of months, and Viktor played below his usual level. Just my take. I thought the game showed that it's OK to be a Blazer fan that's excited about the future of our young players, and that we have WAY too many capable small forwards. Miles could barely get any burn, and was playing well. It's also cool to hear the take from other non-biased observers (i.e. the New York announcers). Thanks for sharing that.

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
viktor will be solid, outlaw and viktor will be a nice one-two punch.

·
Registered
6,397 Posts
I've typed it before and I'll type it again... this offseason is going to be huge for this franchise. It'll be interesting to see what goes down and where our young guys stand. I love my Blazers :love:

·
Registered
16,001 Posts
Frazier is fun to listen to. He has almost a hypnotic penchant for polysyllabic elocution.

He had nice things to say about Outlaw, but he also said he had an atypical rotation on his release. I haven't noticed that, myself.

Ed O.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts