Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Knicks Bucking For Big Dawg - Peter Vecsey

June 23, 2002 -- SO, there you go and here I am, idly watching my imaginary Escalade's 22-inch dubs go round and round, uncomplainingly waiting for the NBA to come to its collective draft senses four days from now.
And I'm thinking the Knicks sure have a lot of seepage of secrets for a team whose kiddy proprietor and president are outfitted with silencers and their employers are tightly muzzled.

Not that their leaks are always on the strict up-and-up. As noted in this space a couple days ago, they say the Knicks turned down Milwaukee's proposition of Glenn Robinson for Latrell Sprewell. The Bucks, on the other hand, maintain they declined a much larger deal that was initiated by the Knicks and are still waiting for Scott Layden to get back to them regarding a counteroffer centering on Marcus Camby.

Full Article....click on link below.

http://www.nypost.com/sports/knicks/44538.htm

I'm sorry but can the Bucks take on Camby and all his problems? Sure he would be a great fit with Allen and Cassell but I don't know if he would last and 82 game season. What about the playoffs?

If Sprewell goes I would be also shocked. I think Big Dawg is a better overall player. Sprewell is great in his own way but I think he wouldnt do as good a job at SF than Glenn would do.

·
Beer Drinker!!!
8,247 Posts
BIG-DAWG is BETTER then Spre!

Yes Spre has MORE heart then Glenn,and yes hes a BETTER leader,but Glenn is the BETTER player.Glenn's D over the past few seasons has gotten much better,not to mention the fact that hes AWESOME from 3pt land,and only 2nd to M.J. when it comes to the mid range game.

Also I dont think Cassell and Spre on the same team would be a good thing!:no:They both like to lead and they both have tempers,I see them CHOKING each other!:laugh:

·
A!
9,434 Posts
Well, I think both teams get what they want. Bucks get a better leader and the Knicks actually get a better player....

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Spree

Sprewell isn't ugly. However, Cassell and Johnson are really hideous.

I'm not sure if Big Dawg is a better player than Sprewell. Sprewell is more all-around player. I'd say that they are about the same.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Spree

Originally posted by Mr. X
Sprewell isn't ugly. However, Cassell and Johnson are really hideous.

I'm not sure if Big Dawg is a better player than Sprewell. Sprewell is more all-around player. I'd say that they are about the same.
Glenn Robinson has improved his defense drastically over the past 2-3 years. He has become a complete player and a floor leader. A comparison between the two is hard...because Sprewell is a fast, shooter/slasher type, while Glenn has the inside outside game concentrating on posting up, occasionally grabbing boards too...

Big Dawg would be a good fit for New York. I don't think Milwaukee needs another shooter.

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Exactly

Exactly, they are two different players. So, I guess it's hard to compare. If you want a more all-around player...Sprewell is better. But, if you want a better shooter...Robinson is better.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: Exactly

Originally posted by Mr. X
Exactly, they are two different players. So, I guess it's hard to compare. If you want a more all-around player...Sprewell is better. But, if you want a better shooter...Robinson is better.
Sprewell is more of a shooter...robinson is more of a low post big body...

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Knicks

Originally posted by Takeit2dahouse00
I cant see the knicks without spreee , when I think of knicks I think of spree. I think the bucks should keep grob
Huh, when I think of the Knicks I think of an idiot who is far too over payed, and a fool who is stupid enough to pay him.;)

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Knicks

Originally posted by Takeit2dahouse00
I cant see the knicks without spreee , when I think of knicks I think of spree. I think the bucks should keep grob
Huh, when I think of the Knicks I think of an idiot who is far too over payed, and a fool who is stupid enough to pay him.;)

If this gets posted about 5 times, I'm sorry. This site is running damn slow on my computer.

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
oh well

Oh well, I can post it 3 more times?:D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts