Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
April 6, 2005 -- With the college basketball season over, Isiah Thomas, in full draft mode, is off to Europe next week for the second time this season, sources said.
Before heading overseas, the Knicks president will head to the first pre-draft camp for college seniors in Portsmouth, Va., that begins today and also a Memphis event that includes a European all-star team over the weekend.

Next week, the Euro league is amidst quarterfinal play in outposts such as Tel Aviv, Italy and Greece. Thomas took a 10-day trip to Europe in February, mostly to Spain. Because of his increased scouting, he hasn't traveled with the team since December.

The Knicks, who need a center and shooting guard, have two first-round picks — this year and next year. One of this year's picks will be a lottery one; the other either 28th or 29th, depending on the Suns' finish.

After Utah's Andrew Bogut, the second-best center in the draft is 7-3 Lithuanian
http://www.nypost.com/sports/knicks/23013.htm

·
Registered
690 Posts
If I were the Knicks I would draft Vazquez...

He is offensive game is already very good, he is also very athletic, and if he adds some bulk (the way Gasol did) he will be a %80 Gasol clone, and could posibly play C in the east (he will measure 6'11" with shoes)

·
Welcome to the Grindhouse!
19,803 Posts
EduRiker said:
Oh boy, you people really want to finish the Knicks.

NY needs a player who can play right now, not some 7-footer who will be at the end of the bench serving Gatorade.

Actually he would be perfect. He would be ready about the time they are ready to make a FA splash after Houston's contract expires.

·
Registered
17,279 Posts
Yeah I think a project is exactly what the Knicks need, with all those horrendous contracts on the books they're not going to compete for 2-3 years anyway.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Nimreitz said:
Yeah I think a project is exactly what the Knicks need, with all those horrendous contracts on the books they're not going to compete for 2-3 years anyway.
Yeah, don't think so. NY is the last place on earth to a project.

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
oh god, i hope not. i cant stand those extra young euro 7 footers, learn from darko and tskitishvilli. my hope is that they will draft a pg in this pg-deep draft, move steph off the ball and make JC the sixth man. if they go for a center id much rather them draft Taft, he's a brooklyn kid and although he has questionable work ethic he'd still be able to contribute on the glass and is a guy with considerable upside.

·
Registered
3,654 Posts
Another Frederic Weis? or maybe if they are lucky Tskitishvilli?

Sounds like a match made in heaven....

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Kmurph said:
Another Frederic Weis? or maybe if they are lucky Tskitishvilli?
That's a problem of mind (of the players) and even of luck, IMO

Look at Primoz Brezec ... in Europe was almost a scrub or even a no-name, while in NBA he's doing pretty well (28 points vs. Shaq :angel: ).
Or look at Nenad Krstic, that was playing just 10-20 minutes per game in Europe with 8/6 or so per game, while now he's doing like 10/6 with the Nets.

And what about Nowitzki ? he was playing in the german 2nd division (...) before becoming an NBA allstar.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
italianBBlover said:
That's a problem of mind (of the players) and even of luck, IMO

Look at Primoz Brezec ... in Europe was almost a scrub or even a no-name, while in NBA he's doing pretty well (28 points vs. Shaq :angel: ).
Or look at Nenad Krstic, that was playing just 10-20 minutes per game in Europe with 8/6 or so per game, while now he's doing like 10/6 with the Nets.

And what about Nowitzki ? he was playing in the german 2nd division (...) before becoming an NBA allstar.
Krstic was probably the best offensive center in Euroleague his last season there. 14 ppg in 24 minutes.

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
and then they could get larry brown to coach him right. dont see it happening, i'll be blunt here, isaah thomas is the same guy that said if larry bird were black nobody would have paid any attention to him. thomas isnt going to draft some 7-3 lithuanian(whose name isnt arvidas sabonis). any interest he's showing is just a smoke screen,trust me on this one.

·
Welcome to the Grindhouse!
19,803 Posts
rainman said:
and then they could get larry brown to coach him right. dont see it happening, i'll be blunt here, isaah thomas is the same guy that said if larry bird were black nobody would have paid any attention to him. thomas isnt going to draft some 7-3 lithuanian(whose name isnt arvidas sabonis). any interest he's showing is just a smoke screen,trust me on this one.
:clap:

pencil in Hakim Warrick wherever the Knicks draft.

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
PennyHardaway said:
the knicks will not take hakim warrick. you really believe chad ford? warrick fits absolutely nowhere in the knicks, or any team in general. the only team warrick can succeed on is jersey

if they take this 7'3 bum, the knicks should just all commit suicide

i haven't seen him play and i doubt you have either, i think there is a big differance between a kid who isnt ready and one who's a bum, or maybe to knicks fans its all the same.

·
Registered
481 Posts
PennyHardaway said:
the knicks will not take hakim warrick. you really believe chad ford? warrick fits absolutely nowhere in the knicks, or any team in general. the only team warrick can succeed on is jersey
Of course he fits; he fits in the Knicks' collection of undersized PFs. :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
HAHAHAHAHAHA! That was sooooo funny. You should be a comedian, really your jokes are OFF DA CHARTS! Hil-arious. I'm still laughing.

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
if you want a project draft blatche. If I was Isiah Thomas I'd be looking for the next Patrick Ewing. He may be in the 06 draft. Instead of taking on more crazy contracts, can Isiah make a move to move up in these drafts.

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,262 Posts
Isiah is hoping to be the worst team in the league in 06 to get Greg Oden, because that's the only way the Knicks are winning any time soon.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts