Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.nypost.com/sports/knicks/31154.htm

So, the knicks don't want to move an ending contract? It could easily happen in a three way deal. Something like:

Ratliff and Patterson to New York.
Marbury to Dallas.
Van Horn and a draft pick to Portland.

·
Banned member
28,452 Posts
Fork said:
http://www.nypost.com/sports/knicks/31154.htm

So, the knicks don't want to move an ending contract? It could easily happen in a three way deal. Something like:

Ratliff and Patterson to New York.
Marbury to Dallas.
Van Horn and a draft pick to Portland.
leaves us incredibly weak at the C spot..

I would venture a safe bet that this trade wouldn't work out anyways. It'd have to be a Darius + Ruben for Van Horn + pick (our part of the trade I mean).

If thats the best the Knicks can do for Marbury, thats pretty bad.

·
Registered
6,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hap said:
leaves us incredibly weak at the C spot...
I say we're incredibly weak there anyway. We could always sign some loser to a one year contract.

Hap said:
I would venture a safe bet that this trade wouldn't work out anyways. It'd have to be a Darius + Ruben for Van Horn + pick (our part of the trade I mean).
Actually, monetarily, it does work. And since I wasn't suggesting an actual trade, just a theoretical one, it doesn't matter. I'm saying we can ship off those two players to NY, Marbury goes somewhere else and somebody with an ending contract comes here. Van Horn is one of maybe 4-5 options like that (I believe)

Hap said:
If thats the best the Knicks can do for Marbury, thats pretty bad.
Well...from the sound of it, Larry Brown is not too pleased with Stephon. Larry tends to get his way.

·
Banned member
28,452 Posts
Fork said:
I say we're incredibly weak there anyway. We could always sign some loser to a one year contract.
that is true..but who (said in a serious "who is there?" way not a "pfft..you know nothing!" way)

Well...from the sound of it, Larry Brown is not too pleased with Stephon. Larry tends to get his way.
I think thats just Isaih trying to get Telfair or Darius, and trying to con..er..I mean, intice the team with Shoot-bury.

·
Registered
6,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hap said:
that is true..but who (said in a serious "who is there?" way not a "pfft..you know nothing!" way).
Ben Handlogten. It's obvious. (said in an I'm joking way, not an I'm serious way)

Hap said:
I think thats just Isaih trying to get Telfair or Darius, and trying to con..er..I mean, intice the team with Shoot-bury.
Probably.

But I still think that, if NY moves Marbury, I hope we can find a way to get in on the deal and get rid of some contracts.

·
Schilster Supreme
13,610 Posts
Heres a deal that works I think

Theo and Starbury to Dallas

KVH and Dedier Mbenga to Portland

Ruben and Jason Terry to New York

·
Registered
6,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Schilly said:
New York doesn't need Theo anyway, Unless they are moving a Center
Well, I think they SHOULD try to move Jerome James, because he sucks.

But the inclusion of Theo is for few reasons: A) Larry Brown allegedly liked him a lot in Philly. B) Jerome James sucks. and C) New York's real priority is getting Ruben Patterson to be their starting SF. Theo is only a nice add in for them to make the salaries match.

·
Registered
3,969 Posts
I wouldn't want Marbury we already have 2 pg's that should be good.If we took Ha off of ir we could use him to back up Zilla.

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
Marbury is a loser, every team gets rid of him after a few years. It's undeniable that has so much skill but the guy is not a team player and for that he won't ever win any rings.

·
Registered
3,548 Posts
Schilly said:

How about switching Mbenga for Pavel Pod.?

So, we dump Theo's remaining years on his contract - in essence - for a (weak) Center prospect and one season's worth of a backup power forward?

We would have to be pretty confident of keeping Joel.

·
Banned
1,546 Posts
Marbury could play the 2 for us......he would be a great addition. Telfair wouldnt lose his spot. Marbury is a bad PG but can score and thats what we need. Infact WFAN in NY was talking about STephon playing the 2 more for the knicks.

We ned talent in teh backcourt regardless where it comes from......id take crawford or marbury in a new york minute!

·
Registered
981 Posts
Schilly said:

looks good. seems like a fair deal for all the teams involved. If we get a 1st round pick instead of Mbenga, even better.

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
mixum said:
Marbury could play the 2 for us......he would be a great addition. Telfair wouldnt lose his spot. Marbury is a bad PG but can score and thats what we need. Infact WFAN in NY was talking about STephon playing the 2 more for the knicks.

We ned talent in teh backcourt regardless where it comes from......id take crawford or marbury in a new york minute!
Anybody know the theme song to Welcome Back Cotter?

I think we're doing pretty well with most of our scoring coming from Zach and Miles. I'm expecting that it's simply a mater of time until Webster gets some serious PT and then we should have the 3rd scorer we need so desperately.

I would much rather stick with that plan than bring in a known cancer like Stephon Marbury. We might very well end up making the playoffs with a third scorer like Stephon. But it also has the potential to completely undo the current state of Blazer optimism that most of us seem to be in right now.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Wow what a surprise. Larry Brown and Marbury not being a good match. Name a coach that thought Marbury was the glue for any team. This guy is always in my top 5 of overated players. Teams always seem to get less talent for him in trades, but seem to always get better.

·
Registered
10,412 Posts
What about if the Mavs added Diop with Keith Van Horn......

Diop is a very serviceable backup Center......

Or it would be great if we could pull Bill Wennington out of retirement....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts