Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that Antoine Walker is back in Boston, the Knicks' pursuit of the forward will likely be unsuccessful. Isiah Thomas would have been a frontrunner to land the forward had he stayed through the end of the season in Atlanta.

Walker now appears very likely to resign with the Celtics, as they have become one of the hottest teams in the NBA since he has returned. The Celtics can also pay Walker more than any other team.

Former Knicks president Scott Layden also tried on several occasions to acquire Walker when Walker was first with Boston. In the days after the Knicks drafted Michael Sweetney, Boston turned down the Knicks' offer of Latrell Sprewell and Sweetney for Walker.

The Celtics have won 11 our of the 13 games that Walker has appeared in this season.

Walker is averaging 20 points and 9.3 rebounds per game this season.
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/story/293010p-250815c.html

·
Best non-Yankee 4 17 Yrs!
2,480 Posts
I remember when Layden tried that trade. I was pissed off about it. Fortunately it didn't go down. As for Walker, why bother? They already have one poor shooting shot hog in Crawford. I see no need to add Walker. Just let Sweetney handle it and get him more shot opportunities. I don't get why he Isiah would even bother. From one standpoint he's here trying to get everybody's contract to expire at the same time as Houston's so they can set up to rebuild, then he's trying to sign Walker. I would hope he would have the logic to sign him to a two year deal, but why would Walker do that?

·
A deserving All-Star
2,319 Posts
Walker would play SF for us instead of tim thomas probably. I think if he can control his absolute love of shot-taking then he would be a very good player for the knicks if he was here.

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Penny,what possible blockbuster coud zeke pull off????

I dont think Starbury is tradeable,and zeke is in love with him.....

How far up in the draft could we move up by offfering Crawford/Sweetney and the number 8,assuming we stay at 8???

Other than Bogut,who do you think Zeke is hot for??

Martynas Andriuskevicius????Marvin Williams????

Cant imagine going after a small foward with Ariza in the Wings....

I think our only hope is Sweetney starts puttin up big numbers and we trade him to move up...We could use a super athletic 4,and obviously a 5...

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
<I>Cant imagine going after a small foward with Ariza in the Wings....</i>

Again, what's with everyone thinking Ariza is going to be a star or something? Would there be something wrong with drafting another SF? It's not exactly a position of strength on the team. It's not too hard to believe the Knicks would find someone better than Ariza, or at least someone capable of backing up Ariza. 1-Timensional is probably gone this offseason, so the Knicks will need a replacement, and it may not come in the trade. Not like having 3 SFs would be a bad thing or something, considering how healthy the 2/3 position was (not) this year.

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
I am not so sure Tim doesnt get resigned at a much lower salary....Also,Penny said Zeke would pull off a blockbuster.To me that doesnt mean drafting another 3.

Getting Bogut ,or moving up in the draft would be a blockbuster to me..maybe getting Curry....If we are ever going to make any noise,we need a 5..Speaking of 5's,Kristac on the Nets was a GREAT draft pick..thats the kind of pick we need

1 - 8 of 8 Posts