Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
InsideHoops.com reports that the Knicks have signed DerMarr
Johnson to a 10-day contract. Allan Houston goes on the injured list.

Link is their front page (as of 11 in the morning, at least) http://insidehoops.com

Is Johnson any good?

·
Registered
3,964 Posts
Once-upon-a-time top prospect before he was badly hurt in a car accident. Didn't do much with the Hawks, but he was young and early in his career before his injuries.

The Nets need an athletic wing, and if he can still shoot, Johnson could work out.

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
Glad to see Dermarr was doing well with Long Beach. Even better to see we signed him!!! He is loaded with talent. I was watching some old highlight videos of dunks from a few years ago and Dermarr had a few incrdible facials. Hopefully he has regained all of his pre-car accident form.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Glad to here we gave this guy a chance. He's an athletic swingman with good range coming off a bad incident. Hopefully he is over that and he can be the player that was in lottery 3 years ago.

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
Finally we get someone I like. If Demarr continues to develop his work ethic, he'll be a fantastic addition. He is pretty versatile and that's nice. I am pretty sure this means that andersen is out.

·
Registered
7,724 Posts
If he had completely recovered from the accident, then he would definitely be of much help in NY.

·
Registered
4,334 Posts
Great signing by the Knicks. I'm pretty sure that he's almost completely recovered because he's been tearing it up with the Long Beach Jam. The Knicks have 4 swingmen to work with now... Houston, Hardaway, Anderson, and Johnson. I've been waiting for some team to sign him and it's about time someone did.

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
im starting to feel good about johnson. a 6-9 wing means we wont have to trade for a guy like Rodney white, since hes probably better than White anyway. As soon as he learns the offensive sets, i wouldnt be surprised if Lenny starts him over Shandon and anderson goes back to the media complaining about minutes.

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
I really like what Thomas is doing.This is how you build a team thats up against the cap..How would you compare Demarr to Darius Miles???

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
Originally posted by <b>truth</b>!
I really like what Thomas is doing.This is how you build a team thats up against the cap..How would you compare Demarr to Darius Miles???

Demarr is a better rebounder, a better passer, is more experienced than Darius, a slightly better shooter, but both of them suck, and Demarr doesn't have that weird attitude that Darius has.

Rodney White would have been better than either of these two but a free Demarr Johnson is a much better scenario than having to lose something in order to get Darius.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Demarr is a better rebounder, a better passer, is more experienced than Darius, a slightly better shooter,
Miles career
9.4 ppg
4.4 rpg
2.0 apg
0.8 spg
1.2 bpg
.462 fg%
.118 3pt%
.577 ft%
27.1 mpg

DJs career
6.6 ppg
2.8 rpg
1.0 apg
0.7 spg
0.6 bpg
.387 fg%
.347 3pt%
.776 ft%
20.1 mpg

Considering DJ did that all pre-neck injury, how exactly is DJ better than Miles?

Rodney White would have been better than either of these two
Rodney White = Lee Nailon.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Rashidi</b>!

Miles career
9.4 ppg
4.4 rpg
2.0 apg
0.8 spg
1.2 bpg
.462 fg%
.118 3pt%
.577 ft%
27.1 mpg

DJs career
6.6 ppg
2.8 rpg
1.0 apg
0.7 spg
0.6 bpg
.387 fg%
.347 3pt%
.776 ft%
20.1 mpg
The minutes and considering the fact that he didn't even play 1 minute last year takea way from your genius observation.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts