Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
51,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
daldridgetnt Knicks continue to build backcourt, agreeing 2 terms with ex-Bull Ronnie Brewer on one-year deal, per source. Check the Hang Time Bkog soon.

·
Administrator
67,770 Posts
Good signing for them. They were in desperate need of a defensive wing player.

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
I like it - good move that will help them especially while Shumpert is out.

They still need an athletic big. Kenyon Martin would be huge for them, but I doubt they can land him.

·
Premium Member
51,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
PG: Raymond Felton/ Jason Kidd/ Pablo Prigioni
SG: Ronnie Brewer/ JR Smith/ Iman Shumpert(IR)
SF: Carmelo Anthony/ Steve Novak/ James White
PF: Amar'e Stoudemire/ Kurt Thomas
C: Tyson Chandler/ Marcus Camby

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
I didnt understand coach Sloan decision to give-up on Ronnie Brewer when the (53-29) Utah Jazz had the perfect backcourt Tandem in Deron & Brewer. Funny how the followin season Sloan quits.

Did the (50-16 record) Chicago Bulls GM Paxon lose-it this offseason by refusing to resign Ronnie Brewers qualifing offer of $4M? while letting Kover & CJ Watson go to the next team?
Winning 50 games in a 66 game season with the NBA MVP player missing half of those games .. Chicago had a 13-Man Keeper roster this offseason.

The Knicks got a lucky Rabbit-foot or a lucky-charm at getting "Ronnie Brewer" to sign on the roster.
The resigning of inconsistant JR.Smith scared the Shiiiat out of me with Shump injured and Fields in a Raptors uniform.
With JR.Smith being the best SG on the roster mean consistant loses by oponents guards exploiting Smith no-defensive effort in the 4th quarter.

Here is our best 4 guard-rotation
PG-Kidd & PG-Pablo
SG-Brewer & SG-Felton
PG-Kidd & SG-Felton may turnout to be our best backcourt lineup for crunchtime.
JR.Smith will have to give us some fastbreak points as a SF .. because we have some great defensive-rebounder passers in Camby & K.Thomas for lob-passing or hitting SG-Felton for a catch n pass to a running JR.Smith

·
Premium Member
51,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
HowardBeckNYT
Knicks G Ronnie Brewer will be out 6 weeks after surgery for meniscus tear in left knee. Injury happened w/in last 2 weeks.

HowardBeckNYT
Based on Brewer's rehab timeline, he would miss three preseason games but perhaps be back for the final two.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts