Nov 14, 2005 9:00 PM
(TV: MSG, NBALP)
Delta Center
Salt Lake City, UT
(Radio: 1050 ESPN)

Projected Starting Lineup
Knicks
Jazz
After picking up their first win of the season, the Knicks will try to make it two in a row when they play at Utah Monday night. The Knicks couldn't have asked for better timing; the Jazz are expected to be without Andrei Kirilenko, Carlos Boozer and Matt Harpring. The Knicks punished the Sacramento Kings on the interior in Sunday night's victory, and it is very likely they'll try to exploit Utah in the same manner.

·
Registered
3,670 Posts
kirilenko hurt his ankle, and i heard rumors of deron williams hurting his, but not bad, so i dont know what to expect on the jazz starting lineup, also boozer might be back, who knows. Its a mess right now, as injuries hit the jazz for another time like last season.

·
Registered
480 Posts
i think q will start at sf and crawford at sg. q was 3-3 from 3 point land last night vs the kings and since ak-47 might not be playin q should get some wide open shots and drain them.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Why not give Frye his first start after that spectacular performance last night ? Hes been hott this season.

10-6 off the bench.

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
With no Kirilenko I think we should be able to ride the momentum of last nights win and take this one as well..Id love to see Frye start. I think he is a nice complement to Currys size down low and would love to see them on the court together at the same time more often. Frye was awesome last night. :clap:

·
Registered
10,142 Posts
the jazz are one of the best defensive teams this season and the knicks...are not. Even if they do not have kirilenko, this will be the teams most difficult challenge. Beating the kings is one thing (theyre even crappier on the defensive end than the knicks) but the jazz are simply on a different level.

·
Sexy Moderator
13,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)

·
Registered
3,670 Posts
Kitty said:
Actually the Knicks have been playing some good defense. I believe we are ranked #1 and the Jazz are ranked #4.

http://www.nba.com/statistics/sortable_team_statistics/sortable2.html?cnf=1&prd=1
no, that is rebounds, they are not even close to the top in blocks and steals. Plus the knicks gave up more rebounds than the jazz have also. And with less games its easier to have a higher average if both teams are off. If you make the shot, no rebound necessary, and if there is you have to beat your man to it and rebound it. (box out)

·
Sexy Moderator
13,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
AK-47 said:
no, that is rebounds, they are not even close to the top in blocks and steals. Plus the knicks gave up more rebounds than the jazz have also.
Alright I'll look up the proper rankings but to say the Knicks don't play that much defense is a erroneous statement. Actually they have improved on the defensive end so far this season.

·
Registered
3,670 Posts
Kitty said:
Alright I'll look up the proper rankings but to say the Knicks don't play that much defense is a erroneous statement. Actually they have improved on the defensive end so far this season.
im not underrating the defense, but so far your defense has only won 1 game out of 6....

·
Sexy Moderator
13,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
AK-47 said:
im not underrating the defense, but so far your defense has only won 1 game out of 6....
I'm not saying you were, I was stating to the other poster that said our defense wasn't all that great that we weren't that bad. Yes I know our record no need to reinterate it. Basically it was mental mistakes that costs us a couple of games and learning the new system especially on the offensive end.

·
X-Mas Taker
8,947 Posts
the knicks allow opponents to shoot .420 from the field and force 16.5 turnovers per game.
the jazz allow .422. and force 13.3 turnovers a game

if the knicks are bad defensively the jazz are worse.

Reactions: USSKittyHawk

·
Registered
10,142 Posts
Da Grinch said:
the knicks allow opponents to shoot .420 from the field and force 16.5 turnovers per game.
the jazz allow .422. and force 13.3 turnovers a game

if the knicks are bad defensively the jazz are worse.
yet why does their defense translate into WINS???

·
Registered
555 Posts
PURE SLAUGHTER. i think we were kind of lucky we didnt win by 2, because yesterday there shots werent going down eveb when the kings had wide open shots, we kept rebounding though, if we spice up our offense and D, ew could beat the Jazz crippled, and blind. WE already could do that but whatever :biggrin: :banana:

·
X-Mas Taker
8,947 Posts
mjm1 said:
yet why does their defense translate into WINS???
it hurts when you are wrong i know ,maybe you should head back to the nets board and deal with your pain.

·
Your Fav. Personal Demon
4,155 Posts
From what I've seen of the Knicks games so far this year D isn't the problem, turnovers are. They had some close games and are definately better than their 1 win record dictates.

·
Sexy Moderator
13,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
RedsDrunk said:
And it continues...8 t/os in the first qaurter??? You guys are in trouble if this continues all season.
You right about that Reds.

·
Sexy Moderator
13,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
26-23 Jazz...with less than 6 minutes left in the 1st quarter. 11 turnovers are killing the Knicks right now. They need to learn to protect the ball!

·
Registered
3,670 Posts
the jazz are keeping it close with their feild goal percentage, and new york is keeping it close with their turnovers. Both teams are not doing too good right now.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts