Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Marbury should have a big game tonight against the deficient defensive Mavericks. I'm tellin ya that if Kurt Thomas plays like he did vs. Milwaukee every game we wont lose many games. We need another good game from Dirty Kurty. Hopefully Allan Houston will light it up tonight in this run and gun game. Hopefully Van Horn will play, if not Penny should get more minutes which would be good considering how well he played vs. the Bucks. Should be exciting.

preview:

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/scores104/104012/20040112NBA--NEWYORK---0.htm

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Hopefully Allan Houston will not suck like he always does against Dallas. Michael Finley is starting at SF so maybe he'll get to exploit Marquis Daniels.

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, we get a break that Josh Howard is out because he plays some good D.

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
after one dallas 34-25. We need to step it up on D.

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Frank Williams is in backing up Marbury. I like this instead of Moochie. Moochie is good too but I think Frank is the better option here and the better player.

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Frankie makes 2 buckets= one of which a sweet drive and wild shot that falls- gotta love his creativity. Also plays stifling defense on Delk to force an airball. We got 2 great PG's folks!!:clap:

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Still down 10 points tho and Kurt gets his 3rd foul :banghead:

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
68-54 Dallas at the half. We need Kurt Thomas to get going to Join Othella's good work so far tonight down low.

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,262 Posts
What a game this has become. That 4th quarter from the Knicks was tremendous.

Down 101-86 heading into the 4th the Knicks outscore the Mavs 29-14 to force OT.

Go Starbury... OH BABY

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,262 Posts
Originally posted by <b>truth</b>!
that hurt...nash is tough
Yeah it did. One thing I don't like about the Mavs is they tend to flop all over the court. You'd think they learned that from the Kings or something.

·
Registered
232 Posts
A disappointing finish, but Stephon Marbury had a hell of a game. Hopefully, our fourth quarter performance can be seen as a step in the right direction. One question: Where did all of our defense go?

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
heartbreaking loss after an amazing comeback spirited by Marbury. A little more defense would have been the difference. I really wanted this win. Oh well Marbury proved tonight that this is his team. He should be named captain next season, it was awesome to see him lead the comeback and have the Garden rocking. Its too bad we ended up losing cuz this would have been a classic comeback win.

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
Originally posted by <b>truth</b>!
low post scoring threat??? anyone in mind???
We really need an inside out game
Ely, Cardinal. They both are available. I'd much rather have cardinal if we can get him.

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
Originally posted by <b>son of oakley</b>!
Why is cardinal available, I thought they loved that guy?

A semi glut at his position. They do love him though, cliff troy cardinal, chaney Dunleavy popeye and they have 3 centers.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts