Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
idea for trade

Knicks get: Szerbiak
Terrell Brandon
Scott Pollard
Doug Christie



Wolves: Turkoglu
Gerald Wallace
Allan Houston
Frank Williams

Kings: Spree
Lavor Postell
future knicks 1st rounder
cash
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
119 Posts
the kings get shafted. knicks and wolves get make out with the talent. kings r contenders what they have now. y would they want to get rid of 2 of their top reserves, a player that could star in the future and their defensive stopper? they trade all that away for basically sprewell(which i think is vastly overrated) and a pick that will be in the 'teens at best(i do think that the knicks will vastly improve). postell is not ready to make a contribution. its funny ur name is jwillbulls8. with that trade, i would have figured u for a knicks fan. bad trade in my opinion.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
133 Posts
the t-wolves would make out good with that, gerald wallace is a future all-star
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,072 Posts
did you try this trade out on real gm???? it doesn't look like the knicks get enough salary back for what they are giving out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
posted wrong trade

Heres the trade that I meant to post

kings:Spree
fRANK wILLIAMS

Kings lose: Pollard
fUNDERBURKE
wALLACE
bOBBY jACKSON
2003 1 rounder

wOLVES:gERALD wALLACE
Lavor Postell
2003 kings pick probably around 25-28
2003 Knicks Pick probably from 13-20

Wolves lose: Wally

Knicks get:Wally
Pollard
Funderburke
Bobby Jackson

Lose: 2003 1 rounder
Frank Will.
Spree
Postell
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,209 Posts
Re: posted wrong trade

Originally posted by jwillbulls8
Heres the trade that I meant to post

kings:Spree
fRANK wILLIAMS

Kings lose: Pollard
fUNDERBURKE
wALLACE
bOBBY jACKSON
2003 1 rounder

wOLVES:gERALD wALLACE
Lavor Postell
2003 kings pick probably around 25-28
2003 Knicks Pick probably from 13-20

Wolves lose: Wally

Knicks get:Wally
Pollard
Funderburke
Bobby Jackson

Lose: 2003 1 rounder
Frank Will.
Spree
Postell
I'll give you credit for thinking this out, but I don't think the Knicks would give Frankie, Postell, 1st rounder, and spree for a good player, an ok player, and a few scrubs.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
97 Posts
of course the knicks would do this. Spree is ok but they need to trade him, Wally is better anyway. Williams has done nothing and Postell is complete garbage. A pick is also useless to the Knicks as they have no chance of ever using or developing a rookie. The last rookie to stick with the Knicks was Charlie Ward and before that Ewing...
 

·
Oladipo for the people
Joined
·
48,150 Posts
Knicks still get way better than the other teams. Im not a huge fan of Wally but he is as good as Spree and would fit better player with Houston than Spree does. I would pull the trade for just Spree for Wally, but getting IMO the best backup point in the league last year and a big man that they need so bad for only giving up spree a unproven Frank Williams and Postell (will they even notice if he left?) is not a fair trade at all.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,209 Posts
Originally posted by 82
of course the knicks would do this. Spree is ok but they need to trade him, Wally is better anyway. Williams has done nothing and Postell is complete garbage. A pick is also useless to the Knicks as they have no chance of ever using or developing a rookie. The last rookie to stick with the Knicks was Charlie Ward and before that Ewing...
Frank Williams has done nothing?

It is way to early to decide what a player has done. I'm waiting for a few games before I really make my decision on him. If I were the Knicks, I would definitly not go through with this kind of trade.
 

·
Oladipo for the people
Joined
·
48,150 Posts
I think what he meant though is that he has done nothing in the NBA yet. No ones trying to write him off as a bust, just saying we dont know if he'll tear the league up, or be cheering on his team from the pine. No one will know until he has some NBA time under his belt.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,209 Posts
Originally posted by R-Star
I think what he meant though is that he has done nothing in the NBA yet. No ones trying to write him off as a bust, just saying we dont know if he'll tear the league up, or be cheering on his team from the pine. No one will know until he has some NBA time under his belt.
Ahhhh, I see

I don't know, it depends on your point of view. Personally, if i'm the Knicks, I wait until next year before I start re-arranging my lineup again. They have done well so far this off season, and I think they should be happy. :yes:
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top