Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why is Andre Emmett so low on the NBADraft.net draft board? A 6'5" senior SG averaging 22 ppg with decent rebounding skill (6.5 rpg) and shooting over 50% from the field would seem to be very attractive to me if I were a scout.

So, why is he listed at #53?

·
Registered
991 Posts
That was his first and only horrendous, game, though. I agree that he should be much higher on the board.

·
just foul
6,913 Posts
I think Emmett will be a steal in the 2nd round. He is a tough, strong 2, who has played consistently at a very high level. I think he will be like Keith Bogans this year - go early 2nd round and be a solid contributor next year.

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,262 Posts
First he is not 6'5. He is listed at 6'5 but he is clearly closer to 6'3. Also, his weak jumper and handles will make it very difficult for him to play the SG in the NBA.

He might be drafted in the 2nd round, but expect him to be bouncing around all over the world playing ball.

·
Registered
303 Posts
closer to 6'3" with shaky jumper, weak handles? sounds like a bogans twin.

but if you read about his 500 wind sprints x 3, it sounds like he'll work to make the League...

·
just foul
6,913 Posts
Originally posted by <b>patticus</b>!
but if you read about his 500 wind sprints x 3, it sounds like he'll work to make the League...
I don't know if anyone is doubting his toughness; I think he'll have a roster spot next year in the league.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts