Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
there so stupid... everytime he comes into the press room he has on a new team... twice i have seen him wear a old millwaukee braves one... he kills the whole throwback retro look. if you watch nba.com after games its funny. and shaq after game 2 had this yellow bannana suit on. Man its annoying seeing these guys win....

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
Each person has a right to their own opinion, but I also like the retro look and I really think it's cool when any NBA player wears an old Jersey of some sports personality they admired.

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
The problem with Kobe is, he doesn't act like he respects the jersey he's wearing... that's why people take issue to it. It is cool to see current stars wear old players' jerseys, though.

·
Registered
443 Posts
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Penny Hardaway
I wish Shaq leavs the Lakers soon.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Doesn't almost everyone.:laugh:

·
Premium Member
9,371 Posts
Originally posted by CoolHandLuke
The problem with Kobe is, he doesn't act like he respects the jersey he's wearing... that's why people take issue to it. It is cool to see current stars wear old players' jerseys, though.
Why do you say that? Is it because he doesn't talk about them? At an NBA press conference I am pretty sure they aren't aloud to talk about other sports, and even retired players of those sports?

That may have come off as rude but I by no means meant it that way. Just a question.

·
Jersey Girl
10,482 Posts
um, maybe, just maybe, kobe is trying too hard to put himself into the same category as some of these superstars whose jerseys he's wearing, but he's too quick to do so. i mean, although he has won three championships, he hasn't really proven himself to everyone yet. many are questioning what is kobe without shaq. so, i think kobe (and those who put him on a pedistal) have to wait a few years and see what happens until kobe can be put under the same category as those whose jerseys he wears. a lot can happen in the next few years...and i think that's why some people may think that he shows no respect to those whose jersey he wears. it's like he's trying to say "i'm one of them", but he hasn't exactly proven so yet.

this is only an opinion/theory of mine.

·
Premium Member
6,143 Posts
I think Kobe is a great player but he needs attention. Man, it's been clear that many of us think he is a sidekick to Shaq at this point of his career. And as long as Shaq is there, he will not get any MVP trophies.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts