Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just like Mike: After winning his third straight title, Kobe Bryant took off 10 days, then was right back in the gym, starting workouts with a personal trainer. Kobe's relentless drive reminds Magic Johnson of only one other player: Michael Jordan.

This is why Kobe is the top guard in the league. I still think he's an arrogant ***** but this guy has a killer work ethic. Imagine if players like Iverson had this kinda drive.

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Would you rather us compare Caron Butler to Mike?;) J/K

·
Registered
427 Posts
Kobe Bryant=MJ?
Tracy McGrady=Scottie Pippen?
Dan Dickau=John Stockton?
Mike Dunleavy=Larry Bird?

I wish people wouldn't do this.It's insane.Thank
good nobody is calling Iverson the next anybody.He
is just Ivy and not hte next MJ....

I remember when people starting calling Grant Hill
the next MJ.IT's nevr gunna happen.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It wasn't suppose to be an Mj comparison, it was suppose to show how hard he works on his game. Thats the reason he's good. Imagine how good a lotta players would be if they worked this hard.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Originally posted by LOL
It wasn't suppose to be an Mj comparison, it was suppose to show how hard he works on his game. Thats the reason he's good. Imagine how good a lotta players would be if they worked this hard.
:yes:. And about the whole MJ thing there won't be a "next" MJ
ever. Each player has their own strengths and weaknesses and will give their own impact into the game of basketball. So Kobe isn't the next MJ he is just the first Kobe :)

·
Registered
920 Posts
I agree that Kobe is a great player. He is not on the level of Jordan though. not in competiveness or work ethic. Jordan was sick with food poisoning and dropped 38. Kobe got food poisoning and scored like 20. kobe is still a great player, but will never be as good as jordan.

·
Registered
9,527 Posts
Originally posted by Malakian
I agree that Kobe is a great player. He is not on the level of Jordan though. not in competiveness or work ethic. Jordan was sick with food poisoning and dropped 38. Kobe got food poisoning and scored like 20. kobe is still a great player, but will never be as good as jordan.
the true mark of a great player is how many points they score with food poisoning.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
9,527 Posts
Originally posted by HEATLUNATIC

Which AINT much unless u have a Shaq!
too bad most associated with the game don't agree. the sporting news had a poll of gm's and personnel men in april to rate the top 50 players. kobe came in 2nd, behind shaq. players, coaches, front office people all seem to have a different view than you do. the laughing for effect doesn't give your opinion more weight. kobe's certainly a great player, with or without shaq.

btw, tell magic johnson to stop with the mj comparisons.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Kobe Bryant has said he doesn't want to be another Michael Jordan and that he doesn't like the MJ comparisons. So what his game is like MJ's??? Who else to learn from than the master himself.

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
Originally posted by HEATLUNATIC
Kobe - Shaq =

Magic just like Kobe = another Faker wanna-be M.J.!
Heat=losing team :laugh:

Caron Butler= is another bust

:yes:

How could Magic have wanted to be like MJ-if he was playing before MJ?

·
Registered
694 Posts
I say that we compare Kobe to Kobe and MJ to MJ..they each have their own game and its unfair to both of them to compare them to each other. :yes:

·
Premium Member
6,143 Posts
Originally posted by Wilt_The_Stilt

Heat=losing team :laugh:

Caron Butler= is another bust

:yes:

How could Magic have wanted to be like MJ-if he was playing before MJ?
lol, trash talk here?:cool:

This is an old arugment. Kobe is a great player in this era. Jordan was the best player in his era.

Jordan or Shaq? Since they are both considered as the best player in their respective ERAs.

Jordan, Jordan can do what Kobe + Shaq can do.
Step up in all 4 quraters.

·
Premium Member
6,143 Posts
Originally posted by hOnDo
I say that we compare Kobe to Kobe and MJ to MJ..they each have their own game and its unfair to both of them to compare them to each other. :yes:
Unfair?
Kobe has weaknesses but Jordan didnt.
How was it unfair for Mj to compare Kobe?

·
Registered
9,527 Posts
jordan has a whole career to look back on to say he didn't have weaknesses. jordan wasn't a god his entire career. he wasn't unquestionably the best player in the game until his first championship season, 7 years in. kobe's a great player, at 24 putting together an impressive resume. jordan had the individual accomplishments early in his career. kobe has had the team success. that makes the comparisons difficult. jordan at 24 wasn't the jordan we look back at now. now we see the complete body of work. there was plenty of work to do as a 24 year old.

·
Registered
924 Posts
I agree nobody should be compared to Jordan because they aren't worthy. But the fact is Kobe is the closest thing we have to Mike. And it's comparing him to Mike nobody has said he is on the same level as Mike or is better than Mike.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts