Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Sexy Moderator
13,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kobe Bryant believes that Stephon Marbury would be wise to follow Larry Brown's direction so that Marbury "can turn out to be the player that we all thought he could be."

"I think he's playing a more structured game right now," Bryant said. "He's trying to understand the flow of the game instead of just going out there and being a gunslinger, something he was very good at. But now it's a process where Larry is trying to elevate his game to the next level. Because you can be just as effective scoring 40, but you can also pick your spots." Bryant witnessed Marbury's struggles firsthand during the Lakers' 97-92 win on Wednesday. Bryant scored 42 points, while Marbury finished with four points on 2-for-9 shooting. Afterward, Marbury expressed frustration with his role in Brown's offense.
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/story/366853p-312268c.html

·
Registered
4,582 Posts
Sorry but Kobe is the wron guy to give advice about picking your spots. Maybe early in the season but he has returned to last years selfish ways, where you just scratch your head and wonder what the hell he is doing.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Anybody named Starbury03.....

is obviously not gonna be very open minded regarding Superstarbury. There may be tons of guys that Kobe shouldn't give advice to, but Steph is NOT one of them....there is plenty to critique.

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
man Kobe definitely can give steph advice. hes been there. hes been called selfish.

i dont know if listening to coach brown is the right thing though.... look at the pistons now...

brown is a great teacher of defense... but he restricts the offense. n really, if he let stephon play his game u would see he is unselfish, racking up assists.... larry doesnt want him to attack the basket...thats how steph gets assists... by attacking and dumping off or kicking out...this could also really help eddy out too..

but whatever... thats jus my opinion...what do i know.

i just dont think everyone should be giving larry brown a free pass and think he does no wrong just cause hes larry brown

1 - 4 of 4 Posts