Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ross Siler, Staff writer

EL SEGUNDO - The NBA has rescinded the technical foul that Kobe Bryant received in Friday's game against Seattle, reducing the likelihood that the Rasheed Wallace rule will be enforced for anybody but its namesake this season.

Under a new rule, the NBA will suspend players a game if they reach 16 technical fouls in a season. Wallace was called for his league-leading 16th technical Sunday and had to sit out Detroit's game Tuesday against the Hornets.

Bryant was assessed his 14th technical of the season in the second quarter of Friday's game when he shoved the ball at referee Greg Willard after he was called for a charge.

But Bryant said he was talking to coach Phil Jackson and wasn't looking in Willard's direction when he gave him the ball. The league agreed Tuesday, and Bryant took a big step back from a possible suspension with two weeks left in the season.

http://www.dailynews.com/sports/ci_3673511

Reactions: DANNY

·
Elite Member
15,150 Posts
Actually, I thought it was pretty stupid of Kobe. He has jawed at the refs this year much more than he normally does. He was getting some bad calls his way for like a two week period, which was weird, but he still continues to jaw. Don't know what's up.

·
Curse of the Sonics
20,792 Posts
EHL said:
Actually, I thought it was pretty stupid of Kobe. He has jawed at the refs this year much more than he normally does. He was getting some bad calls his way for like a two week period, which was weird, but he still continues to jaw. Don't know what's up.
Officiating is whatever to me, but Kobe hasn't been going to the line nearly as much, and it definitely seems like officials are letting defenses handle him much more aggressively. I don't know what the deal with that is.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.