Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its from espn:

Just like Mike:After winning his third straight title,Kobe Bryant took off 10 days,then was right back in the gym,starting workouts with a personal trainer. Kobes relentless
drive reminds Magic Johnson of only one other player:
Michael Jordan.Agreed.

How good is kobe gonna be next season?

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
I am sick of the comparisons to MJ-Every player is different-but some just have things in common. There not be another MJ-just like their won't be another Magic or Bird,etc.. Kobe will be great-but he will be Kobe-not MJ. BTW-I hope he is better next year.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
He's just promoting his players...if I were a spokesman (or however he is affiliated) with the Lakers I would say the same thing.

·
Registered
9,447 Posts
Kobe is great and Jordan doesn't have the lock on being the best of all time ,granted there will not be another player like the one's mentioned unless those great players are cloned but the implication that those types of players will never play again is ridiculous, there will be players that will make Jordans,Bird and Magic's greatness dim some, it's sports better players will always come along and Kobe maybe one of those type of players.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Originally posted by Wilt_The_Stilt
I am sick of the comparisons to MJ-Every player is different-but some just have things in common. There not be another MJ-just like their won't be another Magic or Bird,etc.. Kobe will be great-but he will be Kobe-not MJ. BTW-I hope he is better next year.
I couldn't agree more. Each player plays in his own way, and will be his own player.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts