Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

Kobe needs a Defensive Stopper

1122 Views 31 Replies 23 Participants Last post by  Sir Patchwork
Kobe is wearing down because of having to always guard the opposing teams best player,plus carry the load on offense. Especially with Devon George injured the last 5 games. Last game he had to guard Vince carter all game,and has had to that a lot this season.

Michael jordan had Scotti pippen to take that pressure of of him. Phil has tried to put Lamar odom on these guys,but he always gets torched,so you got to switch Kobe back on them

Phil jackson said in the LA TIMES, Lamar odom would guard Lebron this time,to take pressuree off Kobe. Hopefuly Bron doesnt go for 40 1st half
1 - 20 of 32 Posts
The Lakers need alot more around Kobe than just a defensive stopper.
Maybe someone to carry the load on the offensive side so Kobe can have more energy on the defensive side?
universal! said:
The Lakers need alot more around Kobe than just a defensive stopper.
Maybe someone to carry the load on the offensive side so Kobe can have more energy on the defensive side?

actually Lamar has been playing at a ALL STAR level the last 10 games offensively. He is averaging like 18 points 10 rebounds 7 assist for that stretch.
plain and simple, Kobe needs a new supporting cast.
B-Scott said:
actually Lamar has been playing at a ALL STAR level the last 10 games offensively. He is averaging like 18 points 10 rebounds 7 assist for that stretch.
I find it strange how Lamar plays his best ball when Kobe is struggling. Maybe its more of a thing where he is constantly coasting because he knows Kobe will handle the brunt of the work, but now his talents are required more than ever so he steps it up. If he stays this aggressive when Kobe gets back to form, the Lakers will be more dangerous than ever.
Well isn't Artest a FA in the off-season? And didn't he want to originally be traded to L.A.? He kept going to their games. Maybe we will see a Kobe/Artest/Lamar lineup next year. If he goes to L.A. They will be in the Conference finals.
sherako said:
I find it strange how Lamar plays his best ball when Kobe is struggling. Maybe its more of a thing where he is constantly coasting because he knows Kobe will handle the brunt of the work, but now his talents are required more than ever so he steps it up. If he stays this aggressive when Kobe gets back to form, the Lakers will be more dangerous than ever.
when kobe struggles, the rest of the team actually gets to shoot.
  • Like
Reactions: 1
I'm tired of those Kobe threads
universal! said:
The Lakers need alot more around Kobe than just a defensive stopper.
Maybe someone to carry the load on the offensive side so Kobe can have more energy on the defensive side?
B I N G O
Ruben Patterson would be a good fit...


See less See more
The MAMBA said:
Well isn't Artest a FA in the off-season? And didn't he want to originally be traded to L.A.? He kept going to their games. Maybe we will see a Kobe/Artest/Lamar lineup next year. If he goes to L.A. They will be in the Conference finals.
No.
23isback said:
when kobe struggles, the rest of the team actually gets to shoot.
Nah, because when Kobe struggles, he still shoots 25 times a game. He just doesn't hit most of them.
The MAMBA said:
Well isn't Artest a FA in the off-season? And didn't he want to originally be traded to L.A.? He kept going to their games. Maybe we will see a Kobe/Artest/Lamar lineup next year. If he goes to L.A. They will be in the Conference finals.
you think lamar is effective as the 4? so you have 2 SF and 1 SG starting. thats great. you should be GM of the year!!!!
The MAMBA said:
Well isn't Artest a FA in the off-season? And didn't he want to originally be traded to L.A.? He kept going to their games. Maybe we will see a Kobe/Artest/Lamar lineup next year. If he goes to L.A. They will be in the Conference finals.
dont count on it... more likely we acquire a second round draft pick for sasha or somethin...
OT: How the hell did Kobe get 39 shots up tonight?

Edit: I just looked up his career high it's 47 in 2002. He's taken 46 this year(81pt game).

Wow that's an insane ammount of shots to put up.
Hbwoy said:
Is there a laker board?
no...
This board could get ugly after this game, I mean people critized him after the 81 point game, so I don't wanna see how ugly this could get.
shobe42 said:
Yes, but there are Kobe worshipers who think everything about Kobe needs to be addressed here.
Please, don't act like it's just Kobe fans who post about him, more than 60% of threads opened about Kobe on the General Board are attempts to diss him or discredit him.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top