Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NOW! I'll post a recap...

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Says he might play tomorrow, and when asked if he feels physically beat up after this season, he said "Not really".
The Rudy situation was very tough, combined with Vlade going down.
Fans should be confident in the Lakers' future because of Jerry Buss' track record and history of Lakers success.
Says he lets Kupchak and Buss make all of the decisions and if they have any questions, they can ask him.
Doesn't know who the next coach will be, but that will be the first thing to address this offseason. After we find a coach, everything else will fall into place.
Says although he has held back from lashing out at anybody and hasn't shown any extreme frustration, it still hurts him to lose.
At the start of the season, they wanted to make things happen by playing aggressive defense and forcing turnovers...getting into transition. Then said, "You can plan for a picnic, but you can't predict the weather."
"It's frustrating" to be in the lottery.
The level of expectation for coaching and playing for the Lakers is much higher than any other franchise. The pressure is more intense. Any coach that can weather that storm and excell in it would be a great coach for the Lakers.
Basically thinks either San Antonio, Miami or Detroit will win it all.
Finished by saying it'll be interesting now to see who the true Lakers fans are. "The true Lakers fans will stick around and when we're back on top again, we're going to appreciate them. Then we'll tell the other bandwagon fans that there's no more room for them."

Good interview. He cracked a few jokes with the guys from Loose Cannons. Seemed genuine.

Reactions: BBB

·
Pacman & Mamba
2,558 Posts
Damian Necronamous said:
Finished by saying it'll be interesting now to see who the true Lakers fans are. "The true Lakers fans will stick around and when we're back on top again, we're going to appreciate them. Then we'll tell the other bandwagon fans that there's no more room for them."
This is what i've been preaching all season long....true Laker fans stick with it through thick and thin...and when the Lakers are back on top, we're just gonna have to tell those bandwaggoners to get the F! OFF!

! ! ! L A K E R N A T I O N ! ! !

Thanks for the recap DN

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
ghiman said:
This is what i've been preaching all season long....true Laker fans stick with it through thick and thin...and when the Lakers are back on top, we're just gonna have to tell those bandwaggoners to get the F! OFF!

Thanks for the recap DN
YEA !

·
Registered
6,763 Posts
ghiman said:

Thanks for the recap DN
I don't think anyone has ditched hte Laker camp, most, like me are just frustrated with the team and venting.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Just so no one can say otherwise, I'm saying it now...I will stay with the Lakers through thick and thin!!!!

·
Banned
662 Posts
Hell Yeah! Through Thick And Thin, Through Our Blood, And The Enemies Blood. Laker Fan Till A Am Dead, If We Ever Win Another Title, Especially With Kobe, Im Gonna Get A Huge Tattoo, And Im A White Guy!

Never Give Up, We Are Laker Fans, We Are Basketball Gods, And We Will Reign Supreme Once Again!

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
HOPEFULLY, those of you that will stick around for the next 3-4 years waiting to make the playoffs have truly learned something from this experience --- that is to respect other fans and their teams.

You all have been extremely nasty and dirty to other fans and their teams. So, I hope, for your own good you really are learning something.

·
Pacman & Mamba
2,558 Posts
Dynasty Raider said:
HOPEFULLY, those of you that will stick around for the next 3-4 years waiting to make the playoffs have truly learned something from this experience --- that is to respect other fans and their teams.

You all have been extremely nasty and dirty to other fans and their teams. So, I hope, for your own good you really are learning something.

I don't think we as Laker fans were extremely "nasty & dirty" to other fans and their teams. We just act like any normal fan would in support of their team. Just like Bulls fans, Trailblazer fans, & Kings fans. We as Laker fans get defensive when another fan talks trash and bashes the Lakers, but hey, just like any other true passionate fan does who supports their team.

The "nasty & dirty" fans are in Detroit when the Pacers are in town ;)

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Thanks for the recap, Damian.

Most of the regular posters are still around, if not all, which is a good thing. All true LAker fans 'round here!

·
Registered
9,447 Posts
Through winning and losing fans go through phases. No fan stays rabid though losing thats ridculous and some of the best fans are the most critical because of the love. Some fans go dormant for awhile.

Lakers are laughing stock right now and Kobe has been made the face of the frustration, the media and the haters are enjoying rubbing his face in it.

But it goes both ways, when the Lakers are winning again I want Kobe's name to be the leading canidate for MVP because he's taken the hit for alot of crap that wasn't his fault with this years team. He deserves all the credit, all the credit and he'll get it for sure.

·
Elite Member
15,161 Posts
Dynasty Raider said:

Don't bet on it, some Laker fans will continue to snipe and weed out haters, even if the Lakes finish dead last every season. Trolls deserve no better.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Damian Necronamous said:
The level of expectation for coaching and playing for the Lakers is much higher than any other franchise. The pressure is more intense.
He's never played anywhere else, so he's basing this opinion on what? Once again his enormous ego.

·
Registered
259 Posts
ghiman said:

Thanks for the recap DN
YE YE YEEEAAAAHHH
thats what im talkin bout

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
RG said:
He's never played anywhere else, so he's basing this opinion on what? Once again his enormous ego.
Common knowledge. Is there more pressure to succeed in a historically great franchise that has been the most recent dynasty (Lakers) or one that has never one a title? Everyone around the league knows and says that. It's why Rudy T quit. I suppose you're now going to tell me that Rudy quit because of Kobe... :rolleyes:

·
Elite Member
15,161 Posts
RG said:
He just used his brain, that's all really.

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
-D! said:
There are plenty who have. I'm almost glad to see it. Sometimes its nice to weed out the fairweather fans.

true but honestly atleast on this board i feel we havent lost many fans

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
hell we even gained a Lunatic...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts