Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
10,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its the age old debate. who's better Kobe or Tmac?
If we look at the rings one might say Kobe
If we consider the fact that Tmac teammates arent as good as Kobe's then we say Tmac.

I like to review each player resume and then choose the better .

With three rings
all nba awards both offensively and defensively
6 all star appearances
1 allstar MVP
National high school player of the year
youngest player to ever win three championships
slam dunk champ
in high school he scored more points than wilt chamberlain
career high 56 point in 3 quarters with ZERO turnovers

i think the choice is clear, Kobe's the one.:laugh:

·
Registered
58 Posts
I'd say on accomplishments Kobe, but on ability on the offense and defensive side of the ball, I'd have to go with T-Mac.

·
Registered
133 Posts
well i'll say McGrady

if Kobe and T Mac switch places....the lakers would still win championships....but i dont see the Magic doin much better, they'll probably win fewer games

·
Registered
11,761 Posts
Tmac has lapses sometimes...

As for T Mac's "accomplishments", an old Jordan w/ nothing around him almost took the wizards to th playoffs even though he missed the end of the season, wizards almost made it... So leading a team to the playoffs in the East isn't that big of a deal IMO.

·
Registered
3,768 Posts
Kobe is a lot better..

Mcgrady is a little taller and stronger.. but kobe has a better all around game i mean he can score from anywhere.. Tmac attacks the hoop harder, but kobe is a lot smoother and better ball handler
Plus he works a lot harder and takes the game a lot more serious

·
Registered
11,761 Posts
BTW I don't think the lakers could have won 3 straight if they had tmac instead of Kobe.

Tmac's game is good if it's isolation and the game revolves around him, if he had to play in the triangle his numbers would be down. Plus like I said, I don't think he has the focus neccesary to win big yet, doesn't take it seriously enough each and every moment of every game.

Maybe last year or the year before when shaq was so dominant, lakers could have made it w/ tmac but not for the first one, no way...

·
Registered
133 Posts
Re: Kobe is a lot better..

Originally posted by grizzoistight
Tmac attacks the hoop harder, but kobe is a lot smoother and better ball handler
Plus he works a lot harder and takes the game a lot more serious
i dunno bout all that....i think the ball handling is prolly even.....and hell if i was T Mac i wouldnt be all serious knowin im on the court wit some bums that wont do a damn thing to help me win

·
Registered
3,768 Posts
Thats so true

Tmac doesnt create man.. he doesnt pass that well.. and doesnt see the floor half as good as kobe
plus he does do all isolation.. and hes streaky scorer..
If a 40 yr old jordan almos tthe playoffs with a miserable team..
its no big deal tmac made it.. i mean he blew a couple of the playoff games and of course they were eliminated early

·
Registered
11,761 Posts
LOL, um wizards had more talent? please explain :) they had a couple undersized guards and hamilton was a decent scorer and some scrappy big men who couldn't shoot.

·
A!
9,434 Posts
Originally posted by KennethTo
LOL, um wizards had more talent? please explain :) they had a couple undersized guards and hamilton was a decent scorer and some scrappy big men who couldn't shoot.
Yeah, they have a decent center in Haywood, another 20ppg scorer in Hamilton and some nice young talent including Courtney Alexander and Etan Thomas. Not to mention Jahidi White, Laettner and Nesby who play some good minutes. The Magic had McGrady and an injured Mike Miller, with an old and crusty center and another aging PG. Yes, the Wizards had, and they still have more talent..... Laugh all you want.

·
Chillin'
20,141 Posts
The Wizards DO have more talent outside of MJ than the Magic did last season outside of T-Mac. I'd take Rip Hamilton any day over an injured Mike Miller. I'd take Tyronn Lue any day over Troy Hudson. I'd DEFINATELY take a frontcourt of Haywood, Jones and White over a frontcourt of Grant, Garrity and Ewing.

Oh yeah, back on topic. I'd also take Shaq over every single player on the Magic outside of T-Mac combined. T-Mac is better than Kobe IMO.

By the way, you wanna use rings as an example? Hey guess what, Steve Kerr is better than Kobe since he has more rings, right? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
162 Posts
i dont think its a choice you can make yet. they score equally well, i think mcgrady shoots from deep better, but inside the arc kobe wshoots very well. both can attack the basket very well. mcgrady rebounds a lil better and both are probably equally as good at passing, i wouldnt say either can dribble better. when hes focused i think mcgradys long arms make hinm a better defender, but kobe has made all defensive team a couple of times so id say they are basically equal there.

there is no real advantage foreither of them, you can go with kobes rings, but hey he has shaq, and he has never eben the number one guy in a championship run so take that for what its worth.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Im so dam sick of this comparison but whatever.

Tracy is great player nothing special.He has had no accomplishements whatsoever in the nba I think hes a year younger or older then kobe.I dont care if he plays with a 4ft 2 guy he has not done anything close to what kobe has accomplished in highschool and in the nba Shaq or no shaq.

Kobe isnt better just cause of his rings, awards and honourable mentions just the fact he has much more skill, talent and he is a clutch player. Ya and he does take the game extremely serious and only wants to win and doesnt talk smak.

the steve Kerr thing.robet horry is like steve kerr.Kobe is one half of the most lethal combination in the nba who if he wasnt on his team the lakers would not have won one ring.Oh and tracy and Shaq would not win titles first cause tracy would never share the leader with shaq and is not clutch especially at the end of games.

·
Registered
28 Posts
McGrady is way better. if tmac was on the lakers aslong as kobe was they would be like 5 straight championships and phil wouldnt even have to be the coach.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
KOBE over T-Mac by 3 rings

Kobe - Ya can't deny the 3 time champ!!!!
Kobe has shown he can step up during crunch time over and over, on the other hand T-Mac has yet to prove he's the proven go to guy when it counts, Yeah we all know he has the rock when the game is on the line, but never known to prevail or succeed in the next level. T-mac is a proven competitor, but Kobe has the upper hand on this debate:yes:

·
Registered
28 Posts
t-mac also doesnt have shaq on his team. if kobe and tmac switched places the lakers maybe 4 time champs maybe 5. cuz tmac is a better team player and would be able to get along with shaq at all times

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Kobe & T-Mac on the same level

Kobe is a team player, he's finally accepted his role/responsiblity 2 yrs ago, to get everyone involved, then has the green light to go for the dagger when he has to. I'll admitt it.....Kobe's success has a lot to do with Shaq being around, but nobody ever gives Kobe his props, He can take over a game at will, he plays D, He can make the big basket, He owns The 4th Quarter.....what else??? and we still hear the ignorance of hating on a proven player. Nothing against T-Mac at all, but he has yet to prove to anyone he can make the winning basket, maybe once or twice, but never big enough to raise his status. Kobe has already passed that:yes:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts