Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I'm not sure on all my facts, and if this has been posted just let me know, but he might end up on probation, correct?

Isnt one of the deals with probation (probably not all, I really wouldn't know) that you have to stay in a certain area?

So if thats the case, would Kobe only be able to play home games?

Also, has this ever been the case with any other athlete before? It seems like it might be, between all the leagues and all the stuff that happens, but I dont recall ever hearin about it.

Wouldnt that be something though, only being able to play home games?

I'd still keep him on the roster, Kobe in half the games is better then no Kobe at all.

Anyone who knows some legal stuff able to shoot this down?

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
---- Retarded -----

**** ME

sorry, i didnt realize i was still in the Bulls forum.

:heart:

If someone could lock this, then slap me, thatd be good.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
I am no lawyer but i thought the judge could waive part of the restriction and allow Bryant to go to work which requires traveling, therefore, he can travel. So i don't think it can be a problem.

However, i don't think there is anything going to happen to Bryant. He is a celebrity. In the end, he is going to give a lot of money to the girl and call it a day. Again, he is Kobe Bryant -- nothing is going to happen to him.

·
Premium Member
8,415 Posts
Originally posted by <b>LoaKhoet</b>!
I am no lawyer but i thought the judge could waive part of the restriction and allow Bryant to go to work which requires traveling, therefore, he can travel. So i don't think it can be a problem.

However, i don't think there is anything going to happen to Bryant. He is a celebrity. In the end, he is going to give a lot of money to the girl and call it a day. Again, he is Kobe Bryant -- nothing is going to happen to him.

Yes it is possible for Kobe to get an exception for work, or any number of arrangements.

As far as giving the girl a lot of money and calling it a day...
This is a criminal case, not a civil one. Kobe giving the girl money would have no imact on the judicial process. True, maybe the girl could ask that charges be dropped, but that's not up to her. The prosecutor there is already invested to the extent that he would not likely walk away unless losing the alleged victim's cooperation at this point would make the case impossible to try. But, from a legal standpoint, be clear that it is impossible to resolve a criminal case by making a payoff to the victim of the crime.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts