Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
118,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking around the locker room now, Kobe Bryant can laugh about the days when his teammates included Smush Paker, Chris Mihm and Kwame Brown. Despite the number of seasons and NBA championships that have gone by, Bryant still bristles when he thinks of the 2005-06 season.

“I almost won an MVP with Smush Parker and Kwame Brown on my team,” Bryant said before Wednesday’s 93-75 exhibition loss to Portland. “I was shooting 45 times a game. What was I supposed to do? Pass it to Chris Mihm or Kwame Brown.”

Bryant was referring to 2005-06 when the Lakers’ roster included Brian Cook, Stanislav Medvedenko, Devean George and Parker, Mihm and Brown.

Bryant continued, taking aim at his favorite whipping boy, Parker, calling him “the worst. He shouldn’t have been in the NBA but we were too cheap to pay for a point guard. So we let him walk on.”
http://lakers.ocregister.com/2012/10/10/kobe-smush-parker-was-the-worst/74123/

·
Better Call Saul
13,184 Posts
Kobe is such a tool and I love it.

And he is way funnier when he's not trying to be.

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
Kobe's right. Kwame would drop at least 2 passes a game that should have been dunks. He has the worst hands in the game. Smush was just awful, but thought he thought he was really good. Kobe dragged that team to the playoffs with a lineup of guys that would be out of the NBA in a few years.

He still probably shouldnt take shots at ex teamates like that.

·
Registered
10,500 Posts
every comment thus far has been critical, every one of them: 'tool', 'asshole', 'he probably shouldnt' - every single one of them thus far

so what's your question dre?

·
Premium Member
12,189 Posts
If LeBron James said this about one of the losers he played with in Cleveland, people would be all over him for it. But Kobe said it so it's okay.

·
Registered
10,500 Posts
really? every one of us was critical of him

and besides Lebron could well say that and it would be true but he hasnt achieved Kobe's elder statesman status yet either - give him like 5 years and then he can look back and say 'what did you expect me to do with Donyell Marshall and Damon Jones?' - of course those guys were like 5 times better than the dreck Kobe was playing with but that's a completely different conversation

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
because he's a dick for making those statements true though they may be?
I mean I'm not getting Knick Killer and others comments about how Kobe is getting a free pass and everyone would freak out if Lebron said it.

Everyones saying exactly what they'd say if Lebron did it.

·
King George
11,475 Posts
Everyones saying exactly what they'd say if Lebron did it.
It's just Lebron would probably be hammered more in the media for it. Kobe gets the old man pass. They might talk about it on First Take tomorrow, but that's it.

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
It's just Lebron would probably be hammered more in the media for it. Kobe gets the old man pass. They might talk about it on First Take tomorrow, but that's it.
Yea, guess I never thought of the media side of it. If Lebron said it, it would probably be a story for a week or so.

·
I'm perfectly calm Dude
13,413 Posts
I dont care how true it is its just a bitch move to come out and say it... i hope Kwame lays his ass out first time the play each other

·
BBB.net Archivist
26,901 Posts
Kwame is still in the league?

·
BBB.net Archivist
26,901 Posts
I imagine the warriors don't need him anymore. They got a better former #1 overall bust center.

·
do better
41,522 Posts
I said what I said early in the thread...in relation to Shaq.

Shaq said something about Chris Quinn and it was no "lol he's a jerk but he's right", it was all about how much of a fat jerk he was IIRC.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts