1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
BBB.net Archivist
26,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
It's going to be strange when it actually happens. I've become so accustomed to him on the team I'm not even sure how I will react.

·
BBB.net Archivist
26,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's going to be strange when it actually happens. I've become so accustomed to him on the team I'm not even sure how I will react.
I thought about this the other day. I imagine it will probably be like when Chick died for me. Not to compare a retirement to a death, but remember Chick was working until the day he actually did die. Kobe was drafted as a 17 year old... he turns 34 in August... he's been a Laker half his life!

What happens when Gary Vitti leaves?

What about when Lawrence Tanter stops announcing the games at Staples?

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
I started following basketball closely around Kobe's rookie season, so I can't even remember the Lakers without Kobe.

Crazy stuff.

·
Better Call Saul
13,184 Posts
It wouldn't shock me if he retired in three years simply because I don't think that Kobe is one of those guys that will hang around once he declines significantly. His ego isn't going to let him be a 15 PPG average swingman on a contender that's riding off someone else's coattails. He'll want to leave while he's relatively close to the "top" so to speak.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I hope Kobe's lasting image will be winning his sixth ring, with Nash, and then walking away on top like Jordan. He's probably got one really good playoff run left in him to get that done in the next two maybe three seasons. It's going to be really tough to grasp the idea of the Lakers without Kobe Bryant when he does decide to hang up his jersey.

·
Have a GREAT day!
13,796 Posts

·
Better Call Saul
13,184 Posts
Kobe would be a terrible coach. Brilliant basketball mind, horrible people person.

He would be a legendary trainer though.

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
It wouldn't shock me if he retired in three years simply because I don't think that Kobe is one of those guys that will hang around once he declines significantly. His ego isn't going to let him be a 15 PPG average swingman on a contender that's riding off someone else's coattails. He'll want to leave while he's relatively close to the "top" so to speak.
How I view it as well. Kobes not going to be happy unless you can at least argue that he's the best player on the team.

·
Premium Member
118,623 Posts
I truly believe Kobe has another five years in him. And there's no way he gets into coaching. He's said so himself.

·
Registered
9,447 Posts
I think Kobe is just speculating or talking out his ass. Injury will stop him not just a need to get away from the game. He lives for the game.

It will be like when Magic stopped playing for me I go all the way back. Odd strange Lakers teams I didn't enjoy very much. lol But still loved. The Sedale era. ewww. lol

Once Kobe is done we'll probably rarely see or hear from him he won't become a talking head. He doesn't seem like someone who needs the spotlight.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts