Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, at least Reggie is the man on his squad.

When you talk Lakers you talk Wilt, Jerry, Magic and Shaq...

No one gives two ****s about tag-along Kobe.

Reggie Miller is the Indiana Pacers and always will be the best shooter on the planet. <strike> **** off Kobe lovers.</strike><b><font color=blue>(We do NOT use masked profanities and attack an entire fan base of posters.)TR</b></font>

·
Registered
920 Posts
And acually, you are wrong. How many rings did Shaq have before Kobe? See the thing is, yes Kobe is overrated, but at the same time Shaq is overrated. They are both top 10 players that have been blessed to be on the same team. Duncan is better than Shaq as he proved this last year. If Duncan had Kobe instead of Shaq, Duncan would have won the last 4 titles. You see what I am saying.

Top 10 Player + Top 10 Player = Championship

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My bad. It was just a response to a single fan who blasted Reggie Miller. I shouldn't of directed it at his entire fan base, but I meant for it to be a reply, not a new thread.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
And with Duncan, it's not like that. It's like this...

If Shaq had Pierce or Reggie or T-Mac or Vince or etc... He'd still have a few rings. Not the other way around. Tracy even said it. It's the big fella that is so great. Kobe has players in his league or better. No one's in Shaq's league, not even Duncan. Especially considering that Duncan is a little soft for the playoffs, where you HAVE to be a warrior. I think Kobe is a top ten player, but Shaq is #1.

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Originally posted by <b>absolutebest</b>!
No one's in Shaq's league, not even Duncan.

I think Kobe is a top ten player, but Shaq is #1.
I believe that says it best.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Originally posted by <b>absolutebest</b>!
My bad. It was just a response to a single fan who blasted Reggie Miller. I shouldn't of directed it at his entire fan base, but I meant for it to be a reply, not a new thread.
What thread were you replying to ? We can merge the threads so we won't have too many similar threads clutter up the board.

·
Registered
11,761 Posts
Jerry Stackhouse is the man of his squad either, it doesn't mean jack.

Lakers w/ Shaq
and Pierce-probably 2 straight/maybe 3
and Tmac-probably 2 straight, maybe one (was not developed enough 3 years ago, not sure he can play 2nd scoring option and still put up good numbers, he hasn't proven it so far(whenever playing w/ VC or when Hill was healthy)
and Carter-1 or 2
and Miller- 1 maybe if he's lucky, probably 0

"Tracy even said it."

Of course he'd say it, I fail to see how Tracy saying that he could win that many titles w/ Shaq proves anything. He think he's going to say he can't?

Remember shaq had Penny and didn't win anything, Penny was the premier PG when he was w/ shaq(before he got injured), a top 10 player too, and shaq didn't win anything.

Pierce has definately been a top player the last few years and can play w/ another "scorer" on his team, Tmac hasn't proven he can play well w/ another person touching the ball as much as him.

Miller is a great jumpshooter, and one of the best of all time at it, but that doesn't mean he could win anything w/ shaq. Kobe is a great wing defender and can shut down or slow down significantly the other team's best PG or SG. Tmac could do it, but he doesn't do it all the time...

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I can't believe you don't think Miller would've won anything playing with Shaq. He took the Pacers to the Finals and stole 2 games from them. Look what the guy does in the PLAYOFFS. Forget the reg. season... I'm talking PLAY-FREAKIN-OFFS!!!!!

And when Shaquille played with Penny he was no where near being the monster he is today. But Hakeem definitely was. Hakeem would've won a ring even if Mike never quit. He was just that good in his prime. It's sad to see him detiorate.

·
Registered
8,660 Posts
Tmac could do it, but he doesn't do it all the time...
That's because t-mac also has to be the main option on the offensive end, and that wears him down. Kobe doesn't go through that.

T-mac with those Pippen-like hands and tremendous athletic ability is a great defender. Too bad he has never been to any of the Defensive Teams since it has become a popularity contest lately. Kobe's defense is so above average and so r his numbers, yet he has been makin' the defensive team for 3 straight years. T-mac on other hand usually takes on the oppositions best wing player, does a good job, and still delivers on offense. He averages 1.6 stls and 1 blk per game......those r excellent defensive numbers.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Listen, did you watch the same semifinals that I did? Did you see Duncan put up 30 points and 17 rebounds? Shaq had 20 points and 10 rebounds and did not make the difference. If it was a one on one matchup between Shaq and Duncan you would all see that Duncan is better. If Kobe were on the Spurs they would have won 4 straight championships, bottom line.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Maliakin you think kobe is overrated and a top ten player so why does Duncan win 4 titles with him?I recall you saying kobes only good cause of sha well then if he was with teh spurs would he only be good because fo Duncan?

you just cant give kobe credit even if youve seen him take over th emost important game of his life?A top ten player cant do what kobe does?Hes on a different level then everyone.Boxscores and stas dont define how good a player is the roles he plays shows it.

Woudl tmac make huge clutch shots to win in indiana in game 4 with Shaq out in 2000.Kobe was 21.Woul Tmac beable to take over the 4th quarter like kobe?He couldnt play with vince he wouldnt beable to play with Shaq!He doesnt have the mentality or teh smarts to do what kobe does.Fine maybe hes more athletic and a better rebounder but that doesnt meanhe is better then kobe.If he was better then people who are experts in teh game would rank him higher ring or not.

·
Registered
9,447 Posts
Duncan isn't better than Shaq and everybody gets that point, Shaq will go down probably as the best center of all time Duncan may not be the best pf in the league , DUNCAN is great but Shaq would destroy Duncan if he had to guard Shaq man up the Whole game, Remeber how Shaq threw Duncan stuff outta there earlier in the clutch man up this season.

Reggie Milller is one of the all time great clutch players to ever play the game. but for all around stats over a career MITCH RICHMOND MAY HAVE BEEN BETTER , he never played on a great team and still did work Miller has never really been the Big scorer in the regular season RICHMOND was. And Kobe is much better than Miller is in everything except 3 pt shooting and free throws.

The if this guy played with Shaq they would be champions notion seems ridiculous seemimg as we're not going to find that out just sit back and watch KB and the Diesel collect JEWELRY ,

Why doesn't anyone propose the if this guy played with KOBE idea there's a whole lotta guys whoi would be champions in that scenario also.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Nah, it's not the same. Because while Kobe, Pierce and T-Mac are ahead of the rest of the pack as all-around players there are players that can adequately( I mean keep them from "going off" when I say this) defend them. Bruce Bowen, Doug Christie, Ron Artest, James Posey, etc... and Carter, Miller, Allen, Wally, Bonz and Stack can play with them. No one can really guard Shaq at all. Maybe a few guys can score on him a bit but... All he does is do what it takes to get to the Finals and then he completely takes over.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
And stats mean nothing, really. When Jerry Stackhouse was scoring 29 a game the Pistons blew. Then he shared the roc and played some d, scored 23 a game and they made the playoffs and won 50+ games.

Reggie Miller is, was and always has been better than Mitch Richmond. Look at this years playoffs. Reggie's game 5 performance was one of the most amazing things I've ever seen. Mitch Richmond hit one shot with like 10 seconds left in the Finals. Anyone can be the man on a bad team and put up numbers. Reggie has been the man on "good" teams his entire career. And like fine wine and Barry Bonds he doesn't seem to get any worse for the wear with age. Reggie is the man. The greatest shooter on the planet. Thats why he will be in the hall and Mitch won't trust me...

Also, Reg has never taken 30 + points in his entire career. Isn't that amazing. He scored 50+ once. How the hell do you do that without popping 30 shots. I'm also gonna say that he is the most efficient- meaning points for shot- non-big man ever. He's got to be when you consider his 3 point and free-throw clips.

Just food for thought about my man. Oh, and don't sleep on his d. It's pretty good, really.

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
Please stop these dumb Kobe posts
The only people who dis Kobe are mad because the lakers have easily the two best players in the league. People pick on KB more cause hes an easier target than Shaq and there are other good players at his pos.
Duncan is not as good, he doesn't have the killer instinct that Kobe has and he isn't a big game guy.
Kidd was the real MVP anyway. No doubt about that.
TMAC reminds me of Kobe when he was twenty and twenty one.
(Not neccesarily stat. wise) He's Somebody whos an electric scorer and tremendous athlete. But he has a lot of maturing to do before hes in Kobes league.
Why is Reggie in this conversation. Jalen was as good or better then Miller that year when they went to the finals. And plus Kobe is a better clutch player cause he can create his own shot.
Paul Pierce is great but not close. Vince Carter isn't in the argument.

I'd take Iverson over Pierce, Carter, or McGrady But my opinoin is changing about Paul Pierce and it could if McGrady gets more of an all around game.

·
Registered
8,660 Posts
TMAC reminds me of Kobe when he was twenty and twenty one.
(Not neccesarily stat wise) He's Somebody whos an electric scorer and tremendous athlete. But he has a lot of maturing to do before hes in Kobes league.

Shobe, wat do u mean by maturing? On court or Off court? Cuz on the court, t-mac seems like a very knowledgeable player to me. He understands the team concept, knows 1 player can't do it alone and from what i have seen so far, he is an extremely unselfish player on the court. Thus averaging 5+ assists per game and is often lookin' for the open man. At age 21, kobe was still in to the "wanna be like MJ" mode.....thus having the feuds with shaq. Believe me, t-mac is well past that.

Sure Off the Court t-mac is a cocky *No masked profanities please - DP*, but which young player isn't these days? Kobe is, AI is, Pierce is...etc.

This Kobe vs T-mac comparison is exactly like the Pippen vs Hill thing back in the day. One guy is playing Robin and winning all the championships. The other carries his team all year, puts up gr8 numbers but gets knocked out of the first round. Just pick one, it's all abt opinions.

Among the top 10 players in the league, i think it's only Shaq and Duncan who have seperated themselves from the others. Everybody else is so close that it's all abt opinions. Doesn't necessarily mean if u have the rings, u r better. I doubt if Pip was ever considered better then Malone or Hakeem(pre Mj's retirement).

·
Registered
283 Posts
Kobe is not robin.Shaq is superman and kobe is batman.

Get over it and accept this dynasty for what it is already.Maybe in 3 or 4 years another team will take the title but right now the future is paved in purple and gold (ofcourse barring injury).

1 - 20 of 105 Posts