Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
And Justise For All
64,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Despite a pair of disappointing losses to current UFC lightweight champion Benson Henderson, former titleholder Frankie Edgar (14-3-1 MMA, 9-3-1 UFC) will now get his shot at history.

USA TODAY Sports and MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) have learned that an undisclosed injury has forced Erik Koch (13-1, 2-0) to withdraw from a planned UFC 153 title fight with current featherweight champion Jose Aldo (21-1, 3-0), and Edgar has agreed to step into the evening's main event.

Edgar now looks to join UFC Hall of Famer Randy Couture and Hawaiian superstar B.J. Penn as the only men to hold UFC championships in two different weight classes.
http://mmajunkie.com/news/30447/usa...rik-koch-meets-champ-jose-aldo-at-ufc-153.mma

:yesyesyes:

·
Registered
16,561 Posts
Good. I honestly had no idea who Erik Koch was when that fight was announced. Seeing that he's the #15 ranked featherweight in the world, I'm glad he's not going to get destroyed by Aldo. Although, I'm not sure Edgar deserved it, either. I feel like you should at least have to fight at a weight class before you get a title shot in that weight class. However, Aldo's pretty much beaten everyone deserving besides Chan Sung Jung and Ricardo Lamas.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts