Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Skokie, IL 60076
17,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Bucks invested about $200 million in future salaries during the off-season by re-signing Michael Redd and Dan Gadzuric, signing Bobby Simmons, trading for Jamaal Magloire and drafting Andrew Bogut with the No. 1 pick. Therefore, they have no business hanging around .500, near the bottom of the Eastern Conference playoff order with 13 games to go.

"People get tired of hearing that we're a young team," coach Terry Stotts said Friday night before the Bucks played the Los Angeles Lakers, "but we're a young team."

That's true on both accounts, particularly when it comes to T.J. Ford.

Ford, who didn't play against the Lakers because of injury, was benched twice in the fourth quarter earlier this month. Like a lot of young players who have early success in the NBA, Ford sometimes blurs the perception-reality line in regard to his abilities. Sometimes, for example, he seems to forget that Redd is his teammate.

There is also the matter of Bogut's development. Here it is, the end of March, and still the Bucks run only a couple of plays a game for him. The thought here is that Bogut cannot realize his immense potential with Magloire sharing the court, which is why the Bucks should look into moving Magloire during the off-season. Bogut has to be given the chance to grow, to become that forceful on-court leader they require to grow as a team.

Also, the Bucks largely remain a jump-shooting team, an identity they had hoped to shed with the additions of Bogut and Magloire. Their success is still mostly tied to the whims of the perimeter, although Stotts would argue that the ball is being more evenly distributed.

"I think we are balanced," he said. "I think the balance is there with Michael playing pretty well."
http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=410814

·
Registered
497 Posts
good article.....It is true that we should be a better team BUT this is a VERY young team. Redd is 26, the oldest among our core players, which, i believe, consist of Mike Redd, Andrew Bogut (21), Bobby Simmons (25), Charlie Bell (26), Mo Williams (23) and/or TJ Ford (23). We will have to decide between Mo and TJ i think and we should really try and lock Bell up for cheap. NONE of these guys have hit that prime age of 28-30. Bogut is averaging 9 and 8 as a rookie with other options. TJ has just started playing in his 2nd season as far as games are concerned and is playing very well. A 2nd year player getting 12, 6, and 5 is very good for a PG. We are a scary, young team. It'll be interesting what happens with Magloire. I think we trade him in the offseason

·
Registered
4,301 Posts
I whole heartedly disagree for the most part. I think our only bad signing was Gadzuric. I don't think we should have kept him but instead of kept Pachulia or got someone cheaper but this was also before we had Magz and The Thunder from Down Under. As mentioned, we are a young team and we are in a tough conference not to mention very hard division. We also have a coach who most of the time acts like he has a brain the size of a pea but yes we should have a better record but it wouldn't be THAT much better. We will continue to improve and come out strong next year.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.