Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He's on right now.

Said he knew he wanted to be back in baseball from the first day he left the Bulls. It was only intensified when he went to some games at Wrigley, and that did it.

How does he evaluate players?

"Looking for athleticism, reaction, heart, personal makeup and physical tools. You have to have instincts to be a scout, it cannot be taugh."

Learn by mistakes... "I've got all kinds of mistakes running all over the NBA." LMAO!

Scouted for Indians, A's, Mariners, Sox and Cubs... now Yankees. Friends with George, told him he wanted to scout and was hired within 3 days.

"George likes to win, I like to win"

"I haven't got enough rings on my hands, yet."

·
Registered
6,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Kids that stick out during his scouting... Kirk Gibson made him say wow... finest prospect he has ever seen. Garvey, Kingman also nice.

Pretty much baseball related although they keep chiming on his 6 titles for the Chicago Bulls.

---

I was really hoping he'd take a shot at some NBA stuff. Looks like he has really moved on or is focused on baseball.

---

Way it ended with Bulls... Done anything differently?

"Wish players weren't injured..."

"We didn't break that team up... blamed injuries for being the root of the breakup"

"18 great years with the Bulls organization."

"Part of life... fine time"

---

Bad relationships

"Organization was outstanding to me"

"If you don't win quick, they'll hang you from the rafters. 18 years later, they hung me from the rafters" on his number being retired.

Individals

Spoke around questions about personal relationships... you know who he was talking about.

"People you have to let go... life goes on"

·
Registered
10,837 Posts
Rats...beat me to it...

Thats ok. I've got the Van Lier/ De Falco conversation from last night about the fight that erupted over the ...ah later...;)

·
Registered
6,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by <b>GB</b>!
Rats...beat me to it...

Thats ok. I've got the Van Lier/ De Falco conversation from last night about the fight that erupted over the ...ah later...;)
Did I miss anything? LMAO. I didn't know we were racing!

·
Registered
8,438 Posts
Originally posted by <b>RetroDreams</b>!

Did I miss anything? LMAO. I didn't know we were racing!
What I took out of the interview in terms of the Bulls is that he restated that he left on his terms, implying he was not forced out, and he had nothing bad to say about anyone.

When Golic asked him if he would have done anything differently with the Bulls, he talked out how injuries were a factor -- he spoke about Longley's injuries and Rodman being done. Nothing about the big guns. That was a bit sketchy.

·
Registered
10,837 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Darius Miles Davis</b>!

When Golic asked him if he would have done anything differently with the Bulls, he talked out how injuries were a factor -- he spoke about Longley's injuries and Rodman being done. Nothing about the big guns. That was a bit sketchy.
I thought so too.

·
Registered
17,149 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Darius Miles Davis</b>!

What I took out of the interview in terms of the Bulls is that he restated that he left on his terms, implying he was not forced out, and he had nothing bad to say about anyone.

Uh oh, Luc's done... the dynasty is over!

Better hurry up and trade-off Pip before his skills decline and we get nothing but Roy Rogers and a second round pick for him :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts