Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator 12/02--7/07
36,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
There was mention in one of the Krause threads of JK blowing up at reporters, and especially Mariotti, at a press conference. I completely missed out on this. Does anyone have video, audio, transcript, story link, anything? That had to be priceless.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
I don't live in the chicago area but it was my understanding that this happend more than a few months ago. I remember seeing an article about it in the on-line version of the Tribune.

Apparently, Kruase simply lost his composure and went on a MAJOR rant at Mariotti. Pulled out some choice 4-letter words and all!

I don't know how far back the Tribune keeps on-line articles, but if I can find a link, I'll post it here for ya.

I'm sure there are some posters here who actually saw the press conference or at least got parts of it on the news. I bet it was some pretty interesting viewing!

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
I believe he said "Practice?! Practice? I'm the MVP an you all gonna worry about practice? This isn't a game we're talking about here. This is practice, man."

That was Krause, right?

·
Premium Member
8,802 Posts
To the best of my ability to recollect, here is how it went. It was at a press conference (E-Rob maybe?) and Moronotti asked some question, Krause got really mad and really red in the face and rose up from his chair and said, "screw you mariotti, you keep writing all of that crap and it's just not true...so screw you!" Or something very similar, you get the drift. (I think this may have actually been when Tom Floyd resigned now that I think about it and the question from mornotti was something about "was there a power struggle between Floyd & you"

·
36,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think you're right -- it was over the Floyd thing, and now that you mention it, I do remember that blow-up. I'm sure Marriotti deserved it. That guy gets his panties in a bunch way too often. If all you ever do is write "rip 'em to shreds" articles, you lose all impact. Reading him is like reading the same article over and over and over.

·
I never slice.
2,282 Posts
It was the Floyd press conference. Actually, Floyd I thought got the best shot in at Idiotti, saying something to the effect that he marvelled at how Idiotti was able to report as he did about the Bulls since the next question he asked Floyd would be the first.

·
36,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Originally posted by <b>Kneepad</b>!
Actually, Floyd I thought got the best shot in at Idiotti, saying something to the effect that he marvelled at how Idiotti was able to report as he did about the Bulls since the next question he asked Floyd would be the first.
That's brilliant!!!:D :laugh: :laugh: Who woulda thought Floyd had a shot like that in him?

I guess Jay really does sit in his room all day making this stuff up. Maybe a posse of all the QB's he helped run out of town will get together sometime and give him a beatin'

Hey...anyone else who feels like taking a shot at Marriotti, this thread seems to be as good a place as any. Let 'em rip!

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Originally posted by <b>TomBoerwinkle#1</b>!

Hey...anyone else who feels like taking a shot at Marriotti, this thread seems to be as good a place as any. Let 'em rip!
Mariotti is the picture of negativity when it comes to following Chicago sports. He'll praise a guy (ie. Sammy Sosa) one day, and slam him a week later. I've gotten used to him. He's entertaining at least.

I DO HOWEVER give him credit for lambasting the Tribune Company for their recent handlings of the Cubbies. You'll never hear any writer from the Trib say such things (lest the pink slip), but at least Mariotti is offering a solid rival opinoin to all the Trib brownnosers. And don't get me started on the Cubbies either.. ahhhh!

Marrioti is an entertaining read, and that's about it.

Hey.

VD

·
BasketballBoards Fat Cat
1,320 Posts
Well, after a long search, I have found a quote from Krause. I actually pulled it from a nice video of this incident...

I will answer one question right off the bat. There is no power struggle, has not been a power struggle. That's bull-sh*t, and you just keep talking about it all the time. That's bull-sh*t, plain english. Okay?

(I hear chants of "Jer-ry! Jer-ry!" in my head... :grinning: )

As he went on that tirade, he noticably turned his head toward one side, and I believe that's when he was staring right at Mariotti in the crowd. Here's the link where you can watch part of the press conference (a few minutes long, mostly Floyd): cnnsi.com.

·
36,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Originally posted by <b>Nater</b>!
Well, after a long search, I have found a quote from Krause. I actually pulled it from a nice video of this incident...

I will answer one question right off the bat. There is no power struggle, has not been a power struggle. That's bull-sh*t, and you just keep talking about it all the time. That's bull-sh*t, plain english. Okay?

(I hear chants of "Jer-ry! Jer-ry!" in my head... :grinning: )

As he went on that tirade, he noticably turned his head toward one side, and I believe that's when he was staring right at Mariotti in the crowd. Here's the link where you can watch part of the press conference (a few minutes long, mostly Floyd): cnnsi.com.
Hey, thanks Nater. It sounds like you went to a lot of effort to put this big ol' smile on my face. That audio clip is a keeper!

And Vin -- you're dead on about Jay and the Cubbies. At least he's good for that, and as frustrating as his rambling BLAH BLAH BLAH broken records columns can be, and as unfair and inaccurate as he can be, I still always read him as I make my way through the Sun-Times (back page to front).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts