Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
897 Posts
Originally posted by <b>LoaKhoet</b>!
It's hard to tell how good Chandler will be right now. Personally, I don't think he will be as good as O'Neal, Wallace, KG, even Miles. These are the 4 players that you guys are comparing him to.

When KG first came in this league, he was 5 times better than Chandler right now. Not only could KG block shots, run the floor, but he also had somewhat of a jumper. He was producing whenever he received minutes. Especially the 2nd half of his rookie year.

Wallace -- I don't remember.

O'Neal -- As a rookie, he was a lot stronger than Chandler. He rebounded very better. His outputs were very good for limited minutes played.

Miles -- Only 1 year older but 2 years better. Simply as that.

Again, we really don't know. We should wait another "say" 3 seasons before judging Chandler's game.

Ohh, I am a big Bulls Fan.
hold up, kevin garnett averaged 10 pts on a team full of SCRUBS his rookie season........

O'neal did NOTHING, absolutely nothin' his rookie season........he's a solid player.......but in the playoff series last year, he had 1! good game with 28 pts.......after that he looked like a 2nd tier power forward.........

Miles is nothin' but a dunker........he ain't even got a decent J........and been in the league 4 years..........

i ain't sayin' chandler doin' somethin' remarkable right now but u makin' it sound like them dudes was takin' their squds to the playoffs their rookie year........none of em' did sh*t........
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,091 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Chi_Lunatic</b>!


hold up, kevin garnett averaged 10 pts on a team full of SCRUBS his rookie season........

O'neal did NOTHING, absolutely nothin' his rookie season........he's a solid player.......but in the playoff series last year, he had 1! good game with 28 pts.......after that he looked like a 2nd tier power forward.........

Miles is nothin' but a dunker........he ain't even got a decent J........and been in the league 4 years..........
What the hell are you talkin about...nothin but a dunker.... he can play 1-4 spot....read up on things before you comment, D-miles already has a better all-round game than Tyson will probably ever have...Lets seee Tyson take it coast to coast...Please. All of these guys are better impact players than Tyson in their sleep. I'll put down money that D-miles puts up better stats and more W's with the cavs than Tyson with the bulls.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,733 Posts
Originally posted by <b>THE'clip'SHOW</b>!
It will be fun commenting throughout the season on how many times Tyson is outplayed by guys who are not suppose to be good at all........ I saw what those two guys on the Raptors did to him and they don't even play in the league.
:rolleyes:

Here is my last morsel of food for you, troll.

If Chandler got beat up so bad by the Raptors bigs, I guess it must have been Vin-sanity getting outplayed by Hoiberg that led to the Bulls victory. :rbanana:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,733 Posts
Originally posted by <b>LoaKhoet</b>!
Wallace -- I don't remember.

O'Neal -- As a rookie, he was a lot stronger than Chandler. He rebounded very better. His outputs were very good for limited minutes played.
They could have used you in the Trailblazers front office - Portland traded O'Neal away for a slightly better than average 4 (Dale Davis) 2 years after you recognized his incredible skills.

p.s. Wallace was traded away too after a couple years in the league for a better than average 1 (Strickland) with an attitude problem.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,091 Posts
Originally posted by <b>johnston797</b>!


:rolleyes:

Here is my last morsel of food for you, troll.

If Chandler got beat up so bad by the Raptors bigs, I guess it must have been Vin-sanity getting outplayed by Hoiberg that led to the Bulls victory. :rbanana:
Yeah and I bet youd be the first in Vegas to money on the Bulls having a better record this year than the Raptors....You sound pathetic, have fun watchin Tyson get taken to school this year...then when it comes time for postseason comments you'll be missing from the board...
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
58,028 Posts
Well look, most simply, if they had signed Duncan and Tracy, they would have 1 championship right now. I think they could have taken one of the Lakers couple... and they would have a solid base to do much much more...

-Petey
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
835 Posts
A lot of people get on Kwame Brown's case while praising Chandler and Curry. I think Brown deserves a bit of slack. He is only 20 as well.

And even though it is only preseason, Kwame is tearing it up. He just had 22 and 13 tonight, at least his second 20/10 game in the preseason.

That kid is going to be damn good if he keeps working.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
162 Posts
I would take Tyson and Eddy over Kwame and his acne problems from "stress" any day. Kwame has the potential to be good on offense and good on defense, Tyson has the potential to be AWESOME on Defense and Good on Offense and Eddy has the potential to be awesome on offense and very good on D.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
318 Posts
Im sorry but you guys are just sitting there guessing. The people you are talking about are one year removed from high school. You people have no idea how good they will be.

You can sit here and guess but you cant know after just one year. And you cant honestly exactly how good a high school player is after 3 or 4 years. You obviously will have an idea.

I mean after 4 years in the NBA for a high school player they are then just suppost to be out of college.

So really what im trying to say is its ok to guess. But dont talk crap to someone that says Tyson Chandler will be better then D Miles, or vise versa. Because you have no idea. And im not telling you to stop guessing cause it is fun.

And now for my guess, since im a rockets fan. Im betting Eddie Griffen will be better then at least 2 or 3 of the people you mentioned. Miles Curry Oneal Garnet Kobe Chandler Kwame or Tmac
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
835 Posts
Originally posted by <b>DaBullz4Sho</b>!
I would take Tyson and Eddy over Kwame and his acne problems from "stress" any day. Kwame has the potential to be good on offense and good on defense, Tyson has the potential to be AWESOME on Defense and Good on Offense and Eddy has the potential to be awesome on offense and very good on D.
I said Brown deserves some patience as well, and I think he will end up a damn good player.

Some people get so sensitive when you don't say Krause or players from our 2001, 21 win team are not future hall of famers. Then you get blasted for saying some young player from another team is going to be good.

Pa-leeease!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
The problem with all this amateur player analysis is that most of it depends way too much on numbers, you know, fantasy league stuff.

Be very careful when you separate a player from his team and try to determine his value based almost exclusively on points, rebounds and assists.

For example, it's quite possible that Chandler will never put up Elton Brand-type numbers on a consistent basis. Does that make him less valuable to the Chicago Bulls than Brand would be had the trade never been consumated? Or is it possible, as some analysts have suggested, that Brand and Curry would be bumping into each other while they both try to establish their post games?

It seems to me that while it's possible that Elton will produce superior numbers to Tyson's on a year to year basis, Tyson may end up being a much better compliment to Eddy Curry than Brand ever would have been.

So, it isn't always as simple as saying who's the better player. A more comprehensive statement might be one that answers the question, "Who's the better player for his team?"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
297 Posts
Originally posted by <b>THE'clip'SHOW</b>!
Andrei Kiralenko is better than Chandler too.... there is a list of players much much better at a younger age.:mob:
He also been far better then Miles at a same age. He smarter, more dependable. i took him over Mile in my fantasy draft. I playing rotieriesse. Miles is turnover prone,foul prone, free throw deficit, three point lacking ,and egotistatical.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
897 Posts
Originally posted by <b>THE'clip'SHOW</b>!


What the hell are you talkin about...nothin but a dunker.... he can play 1-4 spot....read up on things before you comment, D-miles already has a better all-round game than Tyson will probably ever have...Lets seee Tyson take it coast to coast...Please. All of these guys are better impact players than Tyson in their sleep. I'll put down money that D-miles puts up better stats and more W's with the cavs than Tyson with the bulls.....
D miles has a better all around game than he'll ever have? he's been in the league what? tysons been in the league what? a year so far? how the hell u gonna make a statement like that........u acting like darius miles has flat out proved somethin' in this league.....what has he proved huh? that he can pound his head with two fists after he dunks on somebody and that he can play 4 postitions? WOW! and i ain't bettin tyson doin' better numbers than miles, i ain't got jack to prove.....

and there is no way the cavs will win more games than the bulls...fukk outta here dukes.....

tyson's gonna double his numbers this year........that's enough improvement for me.........
 

·
"Meow."
Joined
·
5,595 Posts
The link on NBADraft.Net strikes again... this is a dead thread.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,061 Posts
Originally posted by <b>LoaKhoet</b>!
It's hard to tell how good Chandler will be right now. Personally, I don't think he will be as good as O'Neal, Wallace, KG, even Miles. These are the 4 players that you guys are comparing him to.

When KG first came in this league, he was 5 times better than Chandler right now. Not only could KG block shots, run the floor, but he also had somewhat of a jumper. He was producing whenever he received minutes. Especially the 2nd half of his rookie year.

Wallace -- I don't remember.

O'Neal -- As a rookie, he was a lot stronger than Chandler. He rebounded very better. His outputs were very good for limited minutes played.

Miles -- Only 1 year older but 2 years better. Simply as that.

Again, we really don't know. We should wait another "say" 3 seasons before judging Chandler's game.

Ohh, I am a big Bulls Fan.
Aren't you forgetting that Chandler nearly averaged a double double once he got consistent minutes last season? You like to act like Chandler didn't produce anything last year, which is complete BS. The Bulls were a much better team whenever TC & EC were on the floor. Chandler and KG's rookie seasons were very similar in overall development, even if KG topped him by a bit. If Chandler had gotten the same minutes Miles did during his rookie season, he would have had better overall stats. The whole "Chandler hasn't produced anything yet" is not only tired, it's dead wrong.
 

·
Administrator 12/02--7/07
Joined
·
36,839 Posts
Originally posted by <b>DickieHurtz</b>!

Be very careful when you separate a player from his team and try to determine his value based almost exclusively on points, rebounds and assists.
....

So, it isn't always as simple as saying who's the better player. A more comprehensive statement might be one that answers the question, "Who's the better player for his team?"
That is exactly the correct analysis and I agree with the conclusion that Eddy and Elton should not share a floor. They would have crowded each other down low. So if you think Eddy was a good pick, you have to respect the trade for Tyson, which was made to give Eddy a teammate whose skills would compliment his. Now if you'd have rather kept Elton and drafted Diop, Griffin, Battier or someone else available at #4, then you have a legitimate beef. But it was going to be either Elton or Eddy, not both, in the Bulls future.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,061 Posts
However, I have some doubt as to whether Chandler would have been around at #4 if Krause hadn't pulled the trade. The Clipps were on the verge of keeping Chandler, weren't they?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,182 Posts
eddy was krause's man all along and to sway the clippers from drafting eddy, they had to offer elton for tyson
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,182 Posts
Originally posted by <b>THE'clip'SHOW</b>!


What the hell are you talkin about...nothin but a dunker.... he can play 1-4 spot....read up on things before you comment, D-miles already has a better all-round game than Tyson will probably ever have...Lets seee Tyson take it coast to coast...Please. All of these guys are better impact players than Tyson in their sleep. I'll put down money that D-miles puts up better stats and more W's with the cavs than Tyson with the bulls.....
you dont HAVE to take it coast to coast when you could just dunk on everyone being the TALLEST PF in the NBA at 7'2, with a reliable jumper, tyson could reak havoc on the offensive end
 
21 - 40 of 42 Posts
Top