Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the radio this morning, they played an extended clip of him talking about Eddy.

Can't promise that everything is word for word.

He said:

1. He's played 9 or 10 weeks without Tyson Chandler, and that has had a big effect on his game. When Tyson returns, opposing big men won't attack and beat up Curry the way they're doing it now.

2. He's playing with a rookie point guard, and even though he's playing well, he doesn't yet have the savvy to beat the defense to the best spots that will make Curry most effective.

3. He's only 21. He repeated that 3 or 4 times. He said he's still a kid among men in a lot of ways, and that the mean streak, and knocking people on their butts usually doesn't come for any big man before they reach 24, 25 and that it's usually one of the last qualities they develop.

4. Said he's not in the shape that he was to start the two preceding seasons. :rollseyes:

They weren't in that order.

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
yea right I dont believe you

·
Premium Member
8,802 Posts
Originally posted by <b>GB</b>!
On the radio this morning, they played an extended clip of him talking about Eddy.

He said:

1. He's played 9 or 10 weeks without Tyson Chandler, and that has had a big effect on his game. When Tyson returns, opposing big men won't attack and beat up Curry the way they're doing it now.

2. He's playing with a rookie point guard, and even though he's playing well, he doesn't yet have the savvy to beat the defense to the best spots that will make Curry most effective.

3. He's only 21. He repeated that 3 or 4 times. He said he's still a kid among men in a lot of ways, and that the mean streak, and knocking people on their butts usually doesn't come for any big man before they reach 24, 25 and that it's usually one of the last qualities they develop.

4. Said he's not in the shape that he was to start the two preceding seasons. :rollseyes:

Those are some good points to consider.

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Darius Miles Davis</b>!
:laugh: Come to think of it, I don't think Jerry Krause even exists!
I was actually referring to GB's cruel joke on gullible Bulls fans earlier.

Anyways, forgive and forget. :D

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
1) GB, I haven't been on the board for the past couple of days, so I missed all the uproar. Just saw the offending thread. You're a very bad boy...no more pudding for you.

2) I also heard the Krause segment. Despite GB's sudden lack of credibility, he got it pretty much right.

3) While I've both defended and attacked Krause over the years, for the most part, I've been sympathetic to his cause. This said, his weekly radio segment is awful. He provides very little insight and lots of excuses.

4) If you listen to Krause, there's no point in being upset by Curry's play...he can't possibly be a legit NBA player for another 3 years. If this is the case, why bother with the "Tyson's injured," "Kirk's just a rookie" and "the Bulls lack outside shooting" excuses?

5) On the show, Krause said something like, "Anyone who has developed young centers like I have down through the years..."
I heard this and asked myself, "What centers did JK develop?" The only names that came to mind were Longley, Bagaric and Curry. While Luc was a nice player, he had 2+ years in the league before he came to the Bulls. Am I missing some great center project Krause successfully performed?

·
Registered
10,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by <b>transplant</b>!
2) I also heard the Krause segment. Despite GB's sudden lack of credibility, he got it pretty much right.
:p to the board. :D

5) On the show, Krause said something like, "Anyone who has developed young centers like I have down through the years..."
I heard this and asked myself, "What centers did JK develop?" The only names that came to mind were Longley, Bagaric and Curry. While Luc was a nice player, he had 2+ years in the league before he came to the Bulls. Am I missing some great center project Krause successfully performed?
This must have been once I jumped out of the car. But I thought it was an excuse filled segment too.

·
Registered
17,149 Posts
Originally posted by <b>transplant</b>!
LOL, it's certainly not Wes Unseld. Back a long time ago Krause was a scout here for Les Bullez, and a couple years ago the Washington Post got ahold of a scouting report written up by Krause that said something like "Do not draft this player under any circumstances."

:laugh:

·
Registered
519 Posts

He said:

Thanks for the recap. I appreciate the time you spent writing it.

Unfortunately, because of your recent fake trade post, I now am forced to be skeptical on the accuracy of your statements.

Crying wolf like you did with the Fizer trade is a pretty crappy thing to do to your fellow Bulls' fans, IMHO.

Nothing personal. :sigh:

·
Registered
10,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: Re: Krause Speaks...

Originally posted by <b>hps</b>!

Thanks for the recap. I appreciate the time you spent writing it.

Unfortunately, because of your recent fake trade post, I now am forced to be skeptical on the accuracy of your statements.

Crying wolf like you did with the Fizer trade is a pretty crappy thing to do to your fellow Bulls' fans, IMHO.

Nothing personal. :sigh:
Find a short pier.

Take a long walk.

DON'T hold your breath.

:p

·
Rollin Wit Da Homies
5,080 Posts
Do you know what would be really funny?

We should try to lobby some money from the boards and pay the guy on the radio to interview Jerry Krause with some seriously offensive questions, really serious-like.

"So, Jerry, what are your thoughts on drafting Marcus Fizer? What was going through your head at the time?"

Krause: "Marcus is a fine young player... blah blah blah..."

"So, Jerry, what steps would you be taking in the near future of the franchise were you still GM?"

Krause: "I am out of basketball now, and I think John Paxson is a fine GM with blah blah ..."

"So, Jerry, have you seen any high school pitchers or shortstops that you'd like to trade Jeter, Sheffield, and Matsui for?"

Krause: "Uhm, I don't know exactly what you're getting at, but..."

"So, Jerry, where exactly did this idea for the Chicago Bulls' Matadors come from? I've heard that you are a big influence in that particular project. Would you say that you've been a model for everything that they stand for?

Krause: "What are you trying to say?"

"So, Jerry, I've heard that you've streaked through Michigan Avenue for a cold glass of milk and three dozen Krispy Kremes, is this true?"

Krause: "..."

·
Registered
892 Posts
Yep, I heard the replay later in the morning. Anyone who ever defended this liar in the past should be furious with him now.

Today he suggested that fans shouldn't expect Curry to come into his own until he's 25 to 26 years of age. Did he believe that at the time he drafted him as an 18 year old?

He stated that Curry has had a more difficult transition to the pro's than Yao Ming. Ming came from China and spoke very little English...yet Curry's had it tougher!

In another comparision with Ming, Krause claims that Curry's at a disadvantage because he doesn't have the benefit of playing with guards who have the ability to make the entry pass into the post the way Francis and Mobley can. I'll take Hinrich's and Crawford's passing skills over the Houston guards' any day. Oh, and nice backhanded slap to his boy Jamal in the process.

What a huge pile of crap. His legacy is crumbling right before everyone's eyes so now he wants us to believe he knew all along that his master rebuilding plan wouldn't have born fruit intil 2008 or 2009. Would have been nice if he'd told the season ticket holders and corporate sponsors back then that the team was going to suck for seven or eight years. Anyone here feel really cheated?

·
Registered
10,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So Blizz, how do you feel about him having a banner in the house that we, the fans, built?

·
Registered
1,174 Posts

He said:

Krause makes very good, but seemingly obvious points.

·
Registered
892 Posts
So Blizz, how do you feel about him having a banner in the house that we, the fans, built?
Honestly, he played a big part in the Bulls six championships. And for that he deserves recognition. But he got carried away with his own importance and started thinking he was the biggest reason for the Bulls' success. He wanted to prove his point so badly that he nearly destroyed this organization by trying to do it all himself. And for what we're going through right now he should be hung in effigy.

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Heard the replay on the radio this morning. Shame on you Jerry. :no:

·
Registered
277 Posts
Sure GB, like Im gonna believe that one, curry needing tyson to be successful. Stop making up stories and fake interviews to make yourself popular on this board.

Just kidding, I think its hilarious posters are upset at you. I admit I was like "what the hell is going on" but lets get over it, well, the teasing you is kindda funny too. Anyway....

Krause is full of crap and is defending his draft picks. Those are the worst excuses I"ve ever heard for Currys lack of enthusiasm.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Originally posted by <b>C Blizzy</b>!

Honestly, he played a big part in the Bulls six championships. And for that he deserves recognition. But he got carried away with his own importance and started thinking he was the biggest reason for the Bulls' success. He wanted to prove his point so badly that he nearly destroyed this organization by trying to do it all himself. And for what we're going through right now he should be hung in effigy.

exactly.. he played a big part of the 6 championships, and for that he deserves recognition

·
Registered
60 Posts

He said:

what time is the jerry krause show

1 - 20 of 20 Posts