Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen a couple of NBA experts suggesting the Bulls are not sure if Dunn in their pg of the future and being interested in drafting a point gaurd with their top pick (? #8 ?) in the draft.

I have been assuming they will be looking for a big man or a wing player.

What to you think?

·
Administrator
67,765 Posts
While Dunn does seem to be a solid player, I don't see him ever being in the top half of players at this position. His ceiling is probably at the bottom of the top 20 PGs in the league. With that in mind... if you could move him for a top 10 pick in this draft... you probably have to do it.

·
Premium Member
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
While Dunn does seem to be a solid player, I don't see him ever being in the top half of players at this position. His ceiling is probably at the bottom of the top 20 PGs in the league. With that in mind... if you could move him for a top 10 pick in this draft... you probably have to do it.
Interesting. I would agree that trading Dunn for an Ayton, Bagley or Doncic would be obvious, although I am not as much a fan of Ayton as others. I guess I might even go with Dunn for Porter or even Bamba. However, at that point I am not as sure.

I guess I have more hope for Dunn. I think he can be a part of a strong core going forward. I see him and Markkanen improving significantly next year. I am personally more doubtful of LaVine, although I hope his game improves as well.

·
Administrator
67,765 Posts
I guess I have more hope for Dunn. I think he can be a part of a strong core going forward. I see him and Markkanen improving significantly next year. I am personally more doubtful of LaVine, although I hope his game improves as well.
The issue with Dunn is that the PG position is absolutely loaded and that he doesn't really have the potential to be elite in any of the key PG skills in the modern NBA other than possibly on-ball defense. That puts a ceiling on his potential.

·
Premium Member
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The issue with Dunn is that the PG position is absolutely loaded and that he doesn't really have the potential to be elite in any of the key PG skills in the modern NBA other than possibly on-ball defense. That puts a ceiling on his potential.
Ok. I guess I can see that. However, in my mind, I think Dunn is some ways is similar to Jimmy Butler with a lot of growth potential. Maybe the best comparison I can make would be Dunn could end up being a taller, more athletic John Stockton. I think both are "old school" tough, driven, team oriented and smart.

·
Banned
2 Posts
Like This

·
Premium Member
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do you think Tre Young or Collin Sexton would likely end up being better point guards in the NBA? The Bulls have a chance of at least one of these guys being available at the 7th pick.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts