Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i heard alot of people say he is overrated and isn't athletic enough for Duke...laterally. i haven't seen any clips of him. Know of any sights that show alot of video of highschool players.

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
he was one of the better players at nike from what i hear.i have heard he reminds some people of battier others david lee.we'll find out.he may have trbl getting a lot of pt for awhile with shavlik randolph there and especially if they bring in deng or ebi.

·
Registered
6,756 Posts
I live in Minnesota and have seen him play at least 3-5 times, he is not a freak athletically, but he is pretty good. He is 6-8 and built like a linebacker, he has big arms and has a very good handle on the ball. He can shoot from outside and will get better at that over time, he has long strong arms and can block shots. Yeah he will not shock you athletically but he is not a snail or anything on the court. He can run and if he just grows 1-2 inches he could be a very versitile PF in the future. Duke is very lucky he went there in my view, I think it was dumb for Kris to go do Duke because they already have Williams, Randolph, and Thompson at the 3 and 4. I don't think playing time wise Kris fits into that much, he should have went somewhere else and he would have started instead of being a bench player. He is a very good player though, can do alittle of everything on the court, but physical muscle wise he is very fit for the college game-and he is a son of a former NFL player so that is where that comes from.

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
just saw a list of bob gibbons top 100,who is one of the better analysts,and kris was 6th.that is a pretty wide swing from where other people had him.there are usually a couple of guys each year that people dont seem to be able to agree on and he would be in that category.no matter what he is a good one.

·
Registered
99 Posts
He's the next Christian Laetener(I don't know how to spell it)

·
Registered
86 Posts
No doubt he is a good player but I personally don't value Gibbons rankings like I do for Brick and Telep. Gibbons was the guy who I hold personally responsible for the hype around Neil Fingleton, since he rated him quite high. Their are certainly far worse though and I will give him credit. He watches all of the prospects.

I did hear Kris was a top 5 player at NIKE camp but again it should be noted that the NIKE camp was far less talented than the ABCD camp this year.

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
i'll take gibbons.he had fingelton 33rd out of highschool, how much hype is that?telep is good and brick is been around awhile but he's the guy that told me brian morrison was better than luke ridnour coming out of the state of wash.i tried to tell him differant but he didnt seem to want to listen.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts