Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
4,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I read that Krstic :puke: at halftime or after the game. Seems that he wasn't accustomed to all that Thanksgiving food according to reports. :cry:

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
I remember Bill Walton mentioning he looked beat after about 8 minutes

Reactions: Petey

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Poor guy, can't imagine playing while feeling like that.

Reactions: MarionBarberThe4th

·
Registered
976 Posts
yea I remember after the first timeout,he was already slouched over at half court

Reactions: Petey

·
Registered
976 Posts
netsgiants said:
No sympathy.
Because football is a man's sport, and basketball is something for the stay at home wives to watch

·
Registered
976 Posts
In the Star Ledger is says he threw up at half time

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
funkylikemonkey said:
Because football is a man's sport, and basketball is something for the stay at home wives to watch
No, it's just that netsgiants sees himself as a hard guy, a tough guy, another of the board's hard-bitten realists.

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
NetIncome said:
No, it's just that netsgiants sees himself as a hard guy, a tough guy, another of the board's hard-bitten realists.
***** you don't know me don't tell me who i am. All i was saying is Kristic was playing with a little tummy ache boohoo, people play with injuries alot worse than that. That was my only point and somehow this gets turned on me that i try to be a hardass? If you cant play with a little pain maybe the NBA isn't for you, try tennis or golf.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
physical pain, people can take it. bruises, everything.
but when its internal and your stomach is churning, try playing like that.
how can you jump when your stomach threatens?

·
Registered
8,452 Posts
Frank was joking about the Thanksgiving dinner. He most likely had the flu or food poisoning. Who the hell throws up 24 hours after eating too much?

·
Registered
994 Posts
netsgiants said:
***** you don't know me don't tell me who i am. All i was saying is Kristic was playing with a little tummy ache boohoo, people play with injuries alot worse than that. That was my only point and somehow this gets turned on me that i try to be a hardass? If you cant play with a little pain maybe the NBA isn't for you, try tennis or golf.
Well, you don't know what he had, why make assumptions about a little "tummy ache"? Obviously it wasn't little if he threw up.

I'd much rather play with a muscle sprain than a flu. You have ZERO stamina with a flu or food poisoning.

·
Volleyball Coach
24,902 Posts
DareToBeYinka said:
Well, you don't know what he had, why make assumptions about a little "tummy ache"? Obviously it wasn't little if he threw up.

I'd much rather play with a muscle sprain than a flu. You have ZERO stamina with a flu or food poisoning.
On the bright side, he didn't take 23 shots

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
So it was a bad game overall,

-Collins,knee.

-J.Kidd,finger,knee and shoes eating session(thomas shoes)on the floor.

-VC,back.

-Curly,stomach.

-Jackson and Murray piss off(mcinnis too)

-And the best off all L.Frank new "system".

·
Banned
4,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Netted- said:
Frank was joking about the Thanksgiving dinner. He most likely had the flu or food poisoning. Who the hell throws up 24 hours after eating too much?
Yeah, I was wonderin' if he didn't have a bad reaction to RJ's mama's cookin'? By all accounts the team went to RJ's mama's house for Thanksgiving dinner. Maybe Nenad's used to Croatian food - not American turkey dinners. Hope there was no 'bird flu' goin' around. That'll certainly account for his poor performance in PHX.

I thought Nenad was going to kick-*** in that game 'cause of the height advantage over Diaw. Couldn't understand what happened 'til I read the Star-Ledger article about what happened and how he was feeling.

Can we hear from anyone that was there at the game or at the turkey dinner who can lend some color to this story? ... I don't mean the color 'green'. Does anyone know exactly what was served? ... How bad he looked at the game? ... The medic's assessment? ... Will the illness linger? ... And affect his further play? ... For how long?

Thanks in advance for any contributions. Get well soon Nenad! :basket: :gbanana: :wave:

·
Registered
703 Posts
If you cant play with a little pain maybe the NBA isn't for you, try tennis or golf.
This is an extremely offending comment and one that only shows your ignorance. As a high level tennis player, I can tell you that most of the players at my level play a match injury-free about 15 or 20% of the time. Incase you didn't know, injuries are much more common in tennis than in basketball. Not only is the pounding worse on your body, but the season is year-round....there is no off-season to rest. So please, do not make a negative comment about something that you are completely unfamiliar with.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts