Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's amazing the impact he has had.

This is also another reason why I think the Nets should go for an offensive minded PF. He could lessen the burden on Krstic, while Collins would have time behind both him and Krstic.

-Petey

·
Registered
13,107 Posts
So every time he has 10 or more points you guys are 21-10, and you want an offensive PF so he can lessen Kristc's shots? :p
j/k

But this guy's turning into something nice. I haven't seen much of him, but I can tell you one thing without even looking at him, he's probably a fundemental player. Right?

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
aquaitious said:
So every time he has 10 or more points you guys are 21-10, and you want an offensive PF so he can lessen Kristc's shots? :p
j/k

But this guy's turning into something nice. I haven't seen much of him, but I can tell you one thing without even looking at him, he's probably a fundemental player. Right?
You know, if we could get 10 points from any Big, I think we'd have a better record, so yes, offensive big man.

-Petey

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
I don't even want Collins to be the 3rd big man. I want Krstic, the new PF from FA and the drafted PF to be before him.

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
X-JAY said:
I don't even want Collins to be the 3rd big man. I want Krstic, the new PF from FA and the drafted PF to be before him.
That is an insane amount to spend on a 4th big man, unless you are the Knicks.

-Petey

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
See Krstic does it again. BIG game, 15 and 15. I wonder what is our record in his double-doubles.

-Petey

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Krstic All Star said:
Counting this game, the Nets are 4-1 when Krstic has a double double.
:clap:

If Collins were a better scorer, Krstic would have more freedom and chances for some easy baskets...

:cry:

-Petey

·
Registered
13,107 Posts
Petey said:
That is an insane amount to spend on a 4th big man, unless you are the Knicks.

-Petey
I agree with X-JAY, Collins a 7 footer, why would you want him comming off the bench at the PF slot?

You can always buy a 2nd rounder and get another PF if you don't want to spend money on FA's.

·
Legal Smeagol
30,760 Posts
aquaitious said:
I agree with X-JAY, Collins a 7 footer, why would you want him comming off the bench at the PF slot?

You can always buy a 2nd rounder and get another PF if you don't want to spend money on FA's.
I'm going to jump on the X-Jay bandwagon too. Absolutely right. Not cost-effective, and likely not the best fit for the team. If the Nets want a 7 foot stiff to come off the bench, I hear good things about Bruno Sundov. (snicker)

·
Legal Smeagol
30,760 Posts
Pejavlade said:
Kristic = future of Nets :biggrin:.
:clap: You got it. Been waiting since 2002 for him to come over and show what he has, and he's been every bit of it. I remember when all you heard was that Vlade thought highly of him....guess you can't argue with Vlade. :biggrin:

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Krstic All Star said:
:clap: You got it. Been waiting since 2002 for him to come over and show what he has, and he's been every bit of it. I remember when all you heard was that Vlade thought highly of him....guess you can't argue with Vlade. :biggrin:
Vlade has tried to steal him for the Kings.

-Petey

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Petey said:
Vlade has tried to steal him for the Kings.
-Petey
Hhhhmmm.
I think what really happened was that the Nets steal it from the Kings.
The Kings tried to used Vlade's influence on Nenad. I think their mistake is that their interest on Nenad has been leaked. The Nets made a good job hiding their interest by not talking to him, and not inviting him for tryouts. The scouts did their job by just watching him in the sidelines.
Somehow, the Nets made similar tactics with Zoran.
After Zoran's tryout with the Nets, he basically disappeared, claiming an injury. Other teams refrained from inviting in their camps as he might be a liability because of an existing injury.
But alas, came draft day, Nets grabbed Zoran to everyone's surprise.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Krstic All Star said:
I'm going to jump on the X-Jay bandwagon too. Absolutely right. Not cost-effective, and likely not the best fit for the team. If the Nets want a 7 foot stiff to come off the bench, I hear good things about Bruno Sundov. (snicker)
I know Sundov, he won't fit. If he wasn't good enough to be the 4th big man for Maccabi Tel Aviv, why will he be good enough for us?
On the other hand, Beno Udrih wasn't good enough for Maccabi too...

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
aquaitious said:

And he's very slow too.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts