Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you look at where Krstic was at this point last year, he was averaging 0.8 ppg and had five DNP-CD's in his first 11 games. He had scored 5 points in 6 games...and he was playing on a team that was desperate for scoring underneath. There were Nets' "fans" who had already dismissed him as "hyped", a "bust", and "another soft Euro".

In 11 games this year, Wright is averaging 2.0 ppg and has been inactive for 10 games. So, Krstic had scored three more points at this point last year than Wright has at this point this year...and Wright is playing for a team that is loaded at the position he plays. Today, there are Nets' "fans" who have already dismissed him as a "bust", a "terrible pick", and "something that will haunt the franchise for years".

Lawrence Frank, for better or worse, does not like to play rookies.

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Well Wright may get time if VC or RJ go down. That or Frank thinks that none of the guys in front of him are producing so throw the rookie in there. WE'll see...

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mogriffjr said:
Well Wright may get time if VC or RJ go down. That or Frank thinks that none of the guys in front of him are producing so throw the rookie in there. WE'll see...
Not sure if he will play on Sunday in LA with Collins and Carter back. Vaughn or Murray would have to be deactivated. I have no problem with that. Wright is from southern California [Riverside] and it would be a nice gesture to get him at least in uniform. I think the play he worked with Jackson at the end of the Sacramento game may give him some confidence. He has played his first game, scored his first points [on a nice backdoor pass] and will be in familiar territory with family and friends. I cannot believe that Jacque Vaughn and Lamond Murray will be on this team's roster at year's end. I didn't like the Murray signing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts