Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For about 15 minutes following yesterday's practice, Krstic worked on his outside game, taking jumpers from about 15 feet out and beyond the three-point arc. He said his work ethic is a product of growing up in Serbia, where he often practiced twice a day.

·
Banned
845 Posts
I'd rather him work on getting tougher and rebounding...not shooting 3s we have other players for that.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
i'd rather see him bulk up even more.

·
Banned
4,660 Posts
NetIncome said:
These are not mutually exclusive. You can bulk up and work on your three point shooting.
Yep. And it would be excellent if Nenad were to add three point range. Instead of running that pick-and-pop at 18 feet, the Nets could back it up behind the line.

·
Registered
233 Posts
if it works, why not? lol

i remember bill laimbeer, also a center, used to hit those three's when he was still playing for detriot. and dirk, a seven footer, loves shooting those three's.

but seriously, the low post and the mid-range area should be krstic's main territory.

·
_(ツ)_ส้้้้&#3
28,008 Posts
Lord-SMX said:
For about 15 minutes following yesterday's practice, Krstic worked on his outside game, taking jumpers from about 15 feet out and beyond the three-point arc. He said his work ethic is a product of growing up in Serbia, where he often practiced twice a day.
That's the last thing a center ever needs to do.

If Krstic wanted to really be effective, he'd concentrate more on...center stuff...which he hasn't exactly mastered yet.

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
He can add it to the arsenal (The more weapons da better), but he needs to be down low on the block working on his positioning in the paint, foot work, and making lay ups from point blank range......Which he seems to not do on a consistent basis for some reason.

·
Registered
5,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
NetIncome said:
These are not mutually exclusive. You can bulk up and work on your three point shooting.
yea... krstic is just working on his range!! Just imagin if he becomes a 3pt shooter! OMFG

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
A lot of front court players work on their 3pt range.

Ben Wallace, Chris Bosh, Yao Ming come to mind.

It's just that their coaches would rather them not shoot it, that's why we don't see it more often.

·
Registered
5,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Rawse said:
That's the last thing a center ever needs to do.

If Krstic wanted to really be effective, he'd concentrate more on...center stuff...which he hasn't exactly mastered yet.
dude... there is only one real center in the league and thats shaq! ALL other 6'9 to 7'6 are PF's! And EVERYONE trys to improve their range... if any single net should work on his center moves it should be collins! You see that other thread that shows how much of a 7ft **** collins is!

·
Registered
4,582 Posts
15 minutes? Wow that must have been tough. I am surprised he isn the best 3 point shooter in the league. Come on. Talking about great work ethic becuase he shot jumpers for 15 minutes. It's gonna take alot more practice than that. Guys wiht great work ethic are the ones like Ray Allen who get to game hours before to get a good workout in when no one is even in the arena. Breat work ethic is so over-used these days it's sick.

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
Starbury03 said:
15 minutes? Wow that must have been tough. I am surprised he isn the best 3 point shooter in the league. Come on. Talking about great work ethic becuase he shot jumpers for 15 minutes. It's gonna take alot more practice than that. Guys wiht great work ethic are the ones like Ray Allen who get to game hours before to get a good workout in when no one is even in the arena. Breat work ethic is so over-used these days it's sick.
You use a Marbury avatar and handle and yet you can still post this? Amazing.

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
inuyasha232 said:
how about doin it all!
example-dirk
;)
Actually Dirk can't play "D" so bad example... :naughty:

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
If you compare Krstic's offensive skills to Howard's/Okafor's he's on par or better than them when you consider he's only the third/4th option on the team and only shoots about 10 shots per game.

When you look at their repertoire it seems to me that Nenad's game is more advance. That being said I don't think working on shooting 3's will be off much help to him or the Nets. His mid-range game is already solid and very dangerous. Keep working on that.

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Lord-SMX said:
dude... there is only one real center in the league and thats shaq! ALL other 6'9 to 7'6 are PF's! And EVERYONE trys to improve their range... if any single net should work on his center moves it should be collins! You see that other thread that shows how much of a 7ft **** collins is!
Yao Ming? Tim Duncan? Duncan's listed as a PF, but he could easily play center and still dominate in this league.

-Petey

1 - 20 of 21 Posts