Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Article
"We're still in a playoff hunt because of the teams out there that are banged up,' Kupchak said. "I read the paper every day and it seems like another guy is going on the injured list. ... It is the only approach for this team to take.'

Kupchak also said that perhaps interim coach Frank Hamblen had gotten too caught up in the Lakers' seven-game losing streak when he accused the team of quitting in the second half of Thursday's 117-96 loss to the Nuggets.

"I know what the guys are going through,' Kupchak said. "When a team like Denver is playing well and we're not, and have lost a bunch of games in a row in our case, the perception is that you've given up. Our guys have not given up.

"But if you turned on the television and saw the second half of that game, you might think, 'Oh my gosh, they've quit.' They haven't. But they're not playing with the same energy and confidence of a team like Denver.'

"We kind of knew this was going to be a tough stretch for us with our schedule,' Kupchak said. "When you're not at full strength, all you can do is not get discouraged, stay together and just play as hard as you can and work your way through it.'

"It's a huge challenge,' Bryant said. "But you just take it a step at a time. When you're halfway up a mountain, you ain't going to stop, sit down on a rock. You're going to continue to climb it. We still have games to play, we're going to continue to climb the mountain and see where we go.'

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
All those quotes just show how good of a gm he is and how he knows what is going on with our team.[Sarcasm]

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
Well it's not like he's going to come out and say "we're doomed, we have no chance so we might as well give up." The fact of the matter is mathematically they still have a shot, even though it isn't realistic at all. So comments like these are to be expected out of a GM. It's funny though, he says other teams are banged up, but so are we, so how does that put us at any advantage over anyone else?

·
Registered
9,447 Posts
Well Mitch has no choice but to say those things but the biggest problem is the team doesn't appear to believe in its coach. Gonna be hard to make a push when you think your coach is incompetent.

Kobe is gonna keep a positive face on it because he knows he'll get ripped if it even appears that he's hostile or negative in the situation.

·
Queensbridge
1,936 Posts
Errrr, did you expect Mitch to give up already? on paper, we are not done yet. We've got plenty of games left to match the 8th seed Nuggets, but we know that we've got a lot of tough away games from the Staples Center against some of the league's elite bunch.

Both Kupcake and Kobe will keep a positive face on, as well. jazzy1 said it because, the media would have a field day about them if they showed any sign of giving up or dissapointment. That's life when your hated around the league by fans, Kobe.

·
Quite frankly, I'm...
14,767 Posts
From the start, I knew Mitch was on dope.

Now, it's been proven.

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
What the hell is Mitch smoking?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts